Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive done pretty good with my deus in iron so far but had a break through moment today at the old 1817 house. I DUG EVERYTHING in a patch of iron if it gave a rise in tone or just made the iron grunt louder and you know what the deus was trying to tell me the whole time there were masked targets in the iron causing the rise in tone (broken) faint choppy anything that caused a rise in the volume or pitch and you know what I pulled 50 percent of the time a non ferrous target out from the iron. I have been digging in iron since I got my machine and have done very well but today I figured out something about the deus if the iron tone rises in volume and say the vdi goes up to 6 from the normal 1 of a iron nail more than likely there is a masked target causing it to do so! Im running full tones and no discrim so I dont know how it will work for you guys who use other tones and discrim but I was pulling non ferrous targets from a pounded iron patch today pretty amazing machine. I tried to explain it my best .

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Yeah, keep the discriminate to a minimum, calabash! You are getting the goodies! Hope you will post some pics soon too. You've got an impressive list of finds for this year already.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made a test garden and duplicated the same thing in it .I put a musket ball and 2 buttons at 5 inch and I put 5 nails at 4inchs over the top of them.It did the same thing as I experienced in the field the other day, It raised the volume of the low tone and moved the vdi to 6 when I went over the targets under the nails . A very interesting little tid bit that im gonna keep experimenting with.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions