AT Gold How Is It In Finding Gold Rings, Gold Jewlery?

K9Sniffer

Tenderfoot
Feb 1, 2013
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garretts At Pro, TekNetics, Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 2013 I purchased the Garrett GTI 2500 and The AT-Pro. Presently I'm thinking of buying the AT Gold. I've been Detecting off and on since 1973. I do not like to dig up every item detected because I sustained injuries in the mountains of Afghanistan which make bending and digging every item challenging. Not knowing the AT-Gold, I'd like to think it will respond to gold rings, Gold Jewelry to where it would not be rejected as trash or a Pull-Tab and would be identified as Gold, as it would identify Gold Nuggets....Thank You!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi K9sniffer, unfortunately there is no such detector made that will locate gold and reject pull tabs. They are one in the same to a metal detector. Any detector made will find the gold jewelry but diggin is going to be a big part of the equation for gold. Thanks for you service to the country and good luck out there!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I think the only thing you will gain is a little more depth with the true all metal mode. I use both, and they both find jewelry. And of course, you can also hunt in fresh water and salt water with the Pro, a great area where jewelry can be found.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, the gold and pull tabs are in the same range. The 10K men's rings are loud, but there's no way around it you will have to do a lot of digging. Maybe in private yards it will be easier. Just by it's nature, metal detecting requires lots of bending and digging which pretty much damages every joint in your body.

OP
OP
K

K9Sniffer

Tenderfoot
Feb 1, 2013
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garretts At Pro, TekNetics, Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do appreciate your input. In the back of my mind, I suspected this would be the answer(s) I'd receive to my question regarding the AT-Gold. As I mentioned in the post, I've been metal detecting since 1973, however got away from it to complete my military service, almost 22 years. Retired on 1 Aug 1990. I train Canines to find explosives, bombs and bad guys and gals in Iraq and the mountains of Afghanistan. I went to Iraq at age 57, Afghanistan at age 60...I was a K9 Trainer, went as a Contractor, the military needed our help in this war effort because they just did not have enough dogs to do the job...Well, I'll get to my point. I got injured four weeks prior to coming home, with 11 months there in the mountains with American And Australian Special Forces (K9s)...I went through 16 months of Physical Therapy, two operations, my third was to be in Dec 2013, a nurse changed my life in Dec, she did something wrong with the needle in my arm for the IV fluids, it caused a DVT, which means I have a seven inch blood clot in the deep vain of my upper left arm, if it moves, it will take my life. Now on blood thinners....I said all that to say this....I refuse to stay curled up in a ball at home for fearing of dying...Smile,.....going out metal detecting takes my mind off of it....I don't use my left arm, to make certain I don't cause the clot to move if I were to use the arm to dig with, which I don't.....That was the big reason I was asking had this AT-Gold been designed to find gold anything, nuggets (Yes) Rings, Jewelry (Yes) BUT have to dig pull tabs as well...(Smile) I had a feeling it would not be that easy.....So, will have to dig and dig and dig...at a slower rate of course. Thank You for your words of my service, they are deeply appreciated.....I was very proud of our young American fighting men and women in Iraq and Afghanistan.....I was deeply moved by their Valor, no complaints.....True Hero's......"Salute!"

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everybody says you have to dig everything. If you are in private yards that is definitely the way to go. That trash ratio is going to be much lower. City parks you can try to only dig those targets that sound unusual but even that takes a lot of digging before you develop that ability. Start practicing with nickels (52-53) and listen for the extra enunciation. They yell out "I'm a nickel." Learn that and you'll have a better chance of finding gold. The silver targets are many times deep and high tone. I really think private yards and dig everything above iron will teach you faster.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you k9Sniffer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread