GTI 2500 frequencies

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello there, I have had my 2500 for about 6 years now and am happy with it, and am relatively new to this forum. I have never adjusted or played around with the frequency settings on the 2500. The way I understand it, the GTI 2500 is a multi frequency machine, but you can only run it in one frequency at a time right? I know you can change the frequencies to reduce or eliminate interference from other detectors in close proximity, or other electrical interferences close by. I was just reading on the Minelab forum that apparently the lower frequency ranges might help discriminate between low and high conductivity metals better? I was wondering if any of you other 2500 users might have some experience with hunting in different frequency ranges, and how that effects the detectors performance? I mainly hunt old home sites in farm fields, in relatively low mineralized soils, for coins and any other silver, brass, copper, bronze artifacts that might be there. Can anybody give me any advise on benefits of hunting in higher or lower frequencies. Thank you!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Changing the operating frequencies may help give a stronger response to some high or lower conductors, however, that is not always the case. The machine can be tweaked to compensate for those issues. Some Minelab detectors do have a unique operating system with multiple frequencies, quite technical. However, on the Garrett 2500, by changing frequencies, expect to get a more clear response from EMI in the city or someone else metal detecting near you.

Hope this helps......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread