AT LAST I FOUND MY FIRST ONE

homer007

Jan 11, 2008
BAIBRIDGE GA
Detector(s) used
WHITE PI PRO, TIGER SHARK,TESORO DELEON/XLT® E-Series Metal Detector. Whites PI Pro Detector
I GOT PERMITION TO HUNT ON A HOUSE LOCATION THAT WAS BUILT IN 1919. WHILE THERE. THE OWNER ADVISE ME WHEN THE HOUSE WAS BUILT, THE FIRST OWNER USE TO HIDE HIS GOLD COINS :o. THE OWNER DIED AND THE COINS WERE NEVER RECOVERED. THE NEW OWNER GAVE ME THE OUTLAY OFF THE LAND AND I NOTICED THREE LARGE AND VARY OLD OAK TREES. I WAS UNABLE TO FINISH THE FRONT YARD BUT I DID FIND MY FIRST 1946 QUARTER AND I FOUND MY 7TH INDIAN 1895 PENNY. I WILL POST SOME PICS IN A FEW DAYS AND WILL UPDATE IF I FIND ANY GOLD...... WISH ME LUCK ;D

Upvote 0

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check under the floorboards. Considering the house went through the Great Depression, the owner could have hoarded his gold stash insdie. Good Luck. :thumbsup:

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Sounds like an excellent place, Homer!

After hitting your own selection of what you think might be the best spots,
draw up a quick plot map and grid it. That way you won't miss out on anything.

Sounds like a great place to try different coils, and also re-work at different times of the year.

Best luck to you!
rmptr

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good luck, dig those nickel signals!

HH
-GC

S

seger98

goldencoin said:
good luck, dig those nickel signals!

HH
-GC

Yup, dig the nickel signals & while your at it, I'd dig all signals! :thumbsup:

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck, hope you find your "Pot of Gold"!! Might want to hunt in all metal. Gold comes in
really low. If you don't think so, throw down a ladies ring and see where it comes in on your detector.
Most ladies rings sound like pull tabs and that is where gold will come in on your detector. Not many people have found gold coins. I know I haven't and I've been detecting 25 yrs., not yet anyway. Got to think positive!!

HH, Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions