AT Pro 8.5x11 vs 9x12

Buckrun

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have decided on the Garrett AT Pro for my first detector. I want to order the coils to go with this unit when I place my order. I am planning on getting the sniper coil and the 5x8 coil. I would like to know is there really any difference between the 8.5x11 and the 9x12?

Or should I just run the stock coil until I learn what I am doing? Then look into getting another coil later if I find I need one?

Thanks for the help.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Buckrun,

All coils have their place, just like tools in your toolbox. Our biggest seller is the standard configuration with an added 5x8 coil. The 5x8 separates targets a little better than the 8.5x11. The sniper coil is handy when searching close to metal fences and poles.

If the areas you hunt don't have a lot of trash, the standard coil will work well.

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
The 8.5 x 11 will punch deeper in higher mineralized soils compared to the 9 x 12. The 9 x 12 gives better ID accuracy, and helps ID most bottle caps as such. The 8.5 x 11 loves bottle caps ( as do all DD's) and often reads them as coins. Below is a tech sheet on different types of coils:

Garrett's Searchcoil Tech Sheet | How Searchcoils Work

OP
OP
B

Buckrun

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John thanks for the Tech sheet. It really helped. I may pass on the larger coil right now and just get the 2 smaller ones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread