Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes...time is sometimes the problem for me. I carry my detector in the car with me while I travel around the desert on service calls. Sometimes I'll see a good spot and will stop for just a few minutes. I am being tracked by GPS on my work phone, so I don't like to take any chances. I can always just say that I have stopped for my 10 minute break. I've done this many times, and so far nobody has said anything to me about it. They don't bother me much, as long as I take care of the customers first. Saturday and Sunday are the only days I can really get out there and spent time.

DD

Not having much time is a factor in most cases for me. I hit a really good area slow and hard when ever I can but on them short hunts my goal is to leave with a decent find over making sure there is nothing under some trash so I cherry pick. Pays off most of the time. If I get good enough signs that a spot is hiding some goodies I clean it out if I can get the time! [emoji2]

OP
OP
D

Desert Don

Dec 28, 2015
On the Mojave Desert near Mojave.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, and Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505. In the past: Home made detector (circa 1969), World War II mine detector, Fisher M70 M-Scope (1971), Bounty Hunter TR 550, Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another problem I have on any site is my back. I don't have a back injury. It's just something I have had all my life. And now that I am older (70 now), my knees are starting to give me trouble. Most of the time now I need to use my shovel to help me get back up off the ground. Consequently, I will often just not dig every target. I know that's a mistake, but it just hurts too much to keep getting up and down all the time for a bottle cap or pull tab. At first I'll dig everything. But as the hunt progresses, and the back start to hurt more, I let some of the iffy target go.

DD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread