AT Pro(Clean) Trashy) Sites

shen13

Nov 11, 2013
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..... Fisher F2 ( HF Detector(planning on modding it)
AT PRO and 2 Tesoro Compadres...
2 Pro Pointers
Lesche Wilcox Fiskar's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How are you fellows running your AT Pros
In cleans sites and what settings
Trashy sites and what settings
Im new to the AT Pro just started to get a feel on it...now this snow has set in..
Ive run Standard Zero and Pro Zero.........
I know when it hits on a coin theres no doubt its a coin
I was using the ace250 and on a coin with it (when it was a coin I got a rolling tone

deadeye 22250

Jan 23, 2014
north central Oh
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, DFX, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run the AT PRO, PRO MODE ZERO, nothing discriminated, full sensitivity and I also use negative ground balance I drop down between 5--10. In trashy areas it's best to use the 5x8 coil. I use these settings in clean areas or in trashy places. Hope this helps.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also run pro zero and manual ground balance low tone while balancing raise number high tone lower. If I find a nail I'll check the VDI and run iron disc up to where it's just cancels out the nail and run with iron audio on. Sounds weird but it does help even though it's noisy. Sometimes I'll ground balance and drop number 5 to 10 but in real trashy areas I leave it alone and drop sens one or two bars from full to cut back on rusty dirt driving detector crazy. Just play with it and find your best settings. The 5x8 is a great coil for the trashy areas but you can still find the goods with the stock coil just slow way down on the swing speed and listen too the good sounds. Good luck.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yea make sure you balance on clean area with no signals at all.

OP
OP
S

shen13

Nov 11, 2013
N.C.
Detector(s) used
2 Pro Pointers
Lesche Wilcox Fiskar's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking if you had a site that was very clean it would be best to run Standard mode(like the 250)
also can you fellows explain to me what adjusting the iron settings really do...
I have the ace250 and still like it,,,its a ___ penny machine for me...
also have the Fisher F2 and it drives me crazy with the interference it gets from mars I guess...
I have to cut the sens to like 1 bar to calm it down,,,with the Garretts I can run full blast
and never get any EMI...

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run pro zero, iron set at 40. Iron audio off. Any thing below 40 is mostly just that , iron . If you were relec hunting you would set your iron at zero in pro mode, with iron audio on. You will hear EVERYTHING

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would run in pro mode only and if you set iron to high you will miss masked targets like a nail and a coin in same hole. I run with iron audio on with minimal disc so I can hear everything. You can hear an iron grunt along with a good tone that you might miss with to much disc.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking if you had a site that was very clean it would be best to run Standard mode(like the 250)
also can you fellows explain to me what adjusting the iron settings really do...
I have the ace250 and still like it,,,its a ___ penny machine for me...
also have the Fisher F2 and it drives me crazy with the interference it gets from mars I guess...
I have to cut the sens to like 1 bar to calm it down,,,with the Garretts I can run full blast
and never get any EMI...

Are you hunting near power lines with the F2? I usually run my F2 wide open with no interference at all. Maybe something to contact fisher about :dontknow:

OP
OP
S

shen13

Nov 11, 2013
N.C.
Detector(s) used
2 Pro Pointers
Lesche Wilcox Fiskar's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out in the middle of nowhere...and here in the yard it does it sometimes,,,I just bought it..
yes I should let them know....

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've got the F75 limited and its a little high strung. Just set the sen. down below 30 at 29 and a lot of the interference will clear away and you won't loose much if any depth. Fisher made these machines this way. And I will add, I really like my AT Pro also. The 5X8 will be delivered tomorrow. Good luck

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Trash or clean, its not really any different from other tecters. To begin, force yourself to use pro mode only. You need to learn the machine's proportional audio and three tone. Set the tecter to pro zero scrim mode. Set iron scrim to 35 this will let you hear some low tone but work toward twenty then zero in clean areas. Its good to hear rust. Rusty crown caps raise Cain but they wont be a problem after you dig a few dozen and learn their distinctive scratchy audio. F2 is very much like atpro but four tone not three. Atpro is faster and handles iron a lot better. If you know f2 you will find atpro easy to learn.

OP
OP
S

shen13

Nov 11, 2013
N.C.
Detector(s) used
2 Pro Pointers
Lesche Wilcox Fiskar's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ATP is working out very good for me..I can run it wide open in my soil.Going back over my yard(snows melting fast)
and picking up the deeper coins the ace250 left behind...I been detecting for about 2 months and have found over 62 wheats
a mercury dime.my____ is full of wheat pennys..1916 oldest one... DSC02385.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread