AT PRO . Digging SUPER Deep Big Silvers before COPs kick me. Live digs Video !

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AT PRO . Digging SUPER Deep Big Silver's before COP's kick me. Live dig's Video !

this video is 1 day before I get kicked out of the park by the cops :sadsmiley:

this spot was the best silver spot ever .I know there is more silver in the ground .I only went over half of this awesome spot :sad1:...One day I will go back !.. ......maybe tomorrow .:laughing7:.

4 silver the day I took the video ..3 of them BIG silver's !. 2 silver before I got kicked out .video coming soon :laughing7:... so take a look at my video and see the awesome big Deep silver's I saved from the ground .....the cop said my coin were cool ..but I still had to leave :crybaby2:

IMAGE00058.jpg IMAGE00059.jpg
IMAGE00065.jpg IMAGE00066.jpg
IMAGE00068.jpg IMAGE00067.jpg
072513144304.jpg 072513144326.jpg
IMAGE00069.jpg IMAGE00070.jpg 072513144221.jpg 072513144244.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 15

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Surfer, that's crazy! I have to agree, the ATPro is killer for deep silver...congratulations!!!

Bayou Joe

Mar 20, 2013
Milton Florida
Detector(s) used
GPX4500, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Excalibur II Fisher CZ21, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold,
Garret, Vibra Pro,
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II, plus some old Dinosaurs.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds and great video.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nov2101

Jul 6, 2012
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i with 2x3" eclipse, 6" DD,12" DD & 12"Hot shot.
Minelab CTX 3030 with 6" DD. 11"& 17"
2@Vibebra pin point probes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the way you work your machine.....Tweaking the settings! Great job.....

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You said the park authority gave you permission. Why not ask it in writing & carry it around when the cops turn up. If they don't like the letter, ask them to put their objection in writing because you wish to pursue this matter formally. Do it politely, if your in the right, your in the right, you just need to play it wise/careful.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously a GREAT spot! Excellent coins!

But, as much as I feel I probably shouldn't even say this. When I saw your full blown shovel and the wide cavern you dug. I understand where you "might" be asked to move on. Now, don't get me wrong. I used to be a professional groundskeeper and I understand the need for getting a large plug of sod out whole so one can put the ground back in good shape. Taking as many roots as you can helps too. Also, you cannot tell where you dug after replacing.

But, I would think that if anything would catch lil Mz Bizzybody's attention, it would be a man digging up the park with a full fledged shovel and making huge holes!!! Once she saw that she'd run back to call out the guard without even watching to see how pretty the park STILL is AFTER you filled in your cave.

To each their own I always say. But, I think it behooves us to be a little more discretionary with our digging in very open, public places. :)

Congrats on the finds!

HH!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

But, as much as I feel I probably shouldn't even say this. When I saw your full blown shovel and the wide cavern you dug. I understand where you "might" be asked to move on. Now, don't get me wrong. I used to be a professional groundskeeper and I understand the need for getting a large plug of sod out whole so one can put the ground back in good shape. Taking as many roots as you can helps too. Also, you cannot tell where you dug after replacing.

But, I would think that if anything would catch lil Mz Bizzybody's attention, it would be a man digging up the park with a full fledged shovel and making huge holes!!! Once she saw that she'd run back to call out the guard without even watching to see how pretty the park STILL is AFTER you filled in your cave.

To each their own I always say. But, I think it behooves us to be a little more discretionary with our digging in very open, public places. :)

Congrats on the finds!

HH!

I cut turf with a large spade & as long as you do a 3 edged cut & fold one side up, leaving the roots attached, I think it does better than a small plug thats detached. I have only had problems in really hot conditions, which is why I do it in the wet winter.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My heart beateth! I just posted a thread on The AT Pro versus the Minelab X-terra 505 but this post may have made up my mind! Congrats on all the beautiful silver.

Ed-D

Jan 1, 2011
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max and Pro, NEL Hunter Coil, ACE Apex for the coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm trying to get up to Mass this fall to visit my sister and wand want to get in some hunts. I figure the beach (north shore) should be ok, but wondered what the rules are for parks, etc. Anyway, great finds.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cut turf with a large spade & as long as you do a 3 edged cut & fold one side up, leaving the roots attached, I think it does better than a small plug thats detached. I have only had problems in really hot conditions, which is why I do it in the wet winter.

Some might say I seem to find my fair share of decent items and I do it all with little more than a knife. I do use a 2 edge plug with one attached but I've really really learned to pinpoint. I don't need but about 3-5 inches across at it's widest. But, that's sort of beside my point that I've evidently made very poorly, once again.

If someone is watching they are more apt to see a man digging a cavern in a park then one cutting a very small plug of grass. It's about perception.

Thanks!
HH!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some might say I seem to find my fair share of decent items and I do it all with little more than a knife. I do use a 2 edge plug with one attached but I've really really learned to pinpoint. I don't need but about 3-5 inches across at it's widest. But, that's sort of beside my point that I've evidently made very poorly, once again.

If someone is watching they are more apt to see a man digging a cavern in a park then one cutting a very small plug of grass. It's about perception.

Thanks!
HH!

Yes perception & context. If we carry any blade over 3 inches we face 4 years in prison:
https://www.gov.uk/find-out-if-i-can-buy-or-carry-a-knife
So a spade is normal a knife would attract a lot of attention. However, I do get your point.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes perception & context. If we carry any blade over 3 inches we face 4 years in prison:
https://www.gov.uk/find-out-if-i-can-buy-or-carry-a-knife
So a spade is normal a knife would attract a lot of attention. However, I do get your point.

Actually, a gardening spade, hand tool. But, if they can arrest kids for making guns out of their graham crackers, they don't really need to stretch it very far to include a long handled spade(weapon). Now do they.

Just point your detector at a policeman and see what you get. In fact, if you even point your finger, watch out.

The point still is, what Mz Bizzybody is going to see when looking across an open park grounds. The rest? Welcome to the new world order.

HH!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, a gardening spade, hand tool. But, if they can arrest kids for making guns out of their graham crackers, they don't really need to stretch it very far to include a long handled spade(weapon). Now do they.

Just point your detector at a policeman and see what you get. In fact, if you even point your finger, watch out.

The point still is, what Mz Bizzybody is going to see when looking across an open park grounds. The rest? Welcome to the new world order.

HH!

fair enough, my point was more about how we out smart mr bizzybody, I'm all for solutions, rather than rants. Rants only get it off your chest & rarely helps the issue.:thumbsup:

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice coins there SS, you do indeed have a great spot and one not to give up on too quickly. Find out exactly what the regulations are. Parks are for recreation and this is your recreation so if there is no by-law then you are with in the law. But just to keep a low profile and fly under the radar, I would use a small garden spade in a park. I fully ubderstand that a large plug like the one you dig is much better then a small plug that can get knocked out easily, but it can draw too much negative attention to you with bad results.
I hope you can get back on that site, good luck,
ZDD

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
silver what kind of park are you in up there in MA, the silver is ridicoulous, PM if youd like check out this standing I found 502petrie on youtube

OP
OP
silversurfer1111

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on the finds!

HH!

its all good man I know your just trying to help me out and I thank you for that ... its not a full blown shovel it 2' long its a small shovel . it make my life so easy . not having to bend over all that much .I have a bad back .. its a lot faster to ...the wide cavern's I dig are for the deep targets and if I cut a small plug in this heat the grass drys out.. then the guy that takes care of the places will be pissed off at me .I see him all the time ... but you are right I have a small hand digger I will give it another try ....it just take so long to dig down 10 " with it lol

OP
OP
silversurfer1111

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fair enough, my point was more about how we out smart mr bizzybody, I'm all for solutions, rather than rants. Rants only get it off your chest & rarely helps the issue.:thumbsup:

holy crap you have 17 Banner Finds ! and a 2000 + year old gold coin ..your the man !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions