Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey All

I went out 2 weeks ago with TejasDigger with no Idea where were going to hunt. So we decided to hit one of the ballfields we have been to at least 20 times before.

We knew that the place was slim pickens for Coins, so we thought we would just focus on Gold Targets, Well after about an hour or so, I hear Tejas Yell my name, and i could tell from the expression on his face, he found something good. I ran over there to check it out, figuring he found a gold ring or something, When sure enough he shows me a Silver Half... We were both in total Shock!!..How could we have missed such a large coin every other time we have been there. we did find a few wheats and he found a merc

Anyway I found a 63 rosie, So my day wanst a complete bust.

We ended up going there again this last weekend, with a much more postive attitude...And sure as hell, he found a Silver Quarter within the first 10 mins.

And as everyone knwos that hunts with someone...when your buddy finds somethign right off the bat...the pressure is on.

I walked back toward the area we started finding signals out of nowwhere.

I started to get a good signal that was reading 89-92, which is usally a quarter on my machine when it bounces back in forth.

I dug down and and pulled out all the loose dirt when I saw this beauty flip out of the hole....HOLY SHIII!!...Was pretty much the next words out of my mouth :hello2:

I was in complete shock...the strangest part was I saw the hole where Tejas dug, and it was less then 4 feet from where both Walkers were buried...Not sure if they were related. But it was pretty damn Odd to me.

Anyway...Sorry for the long story...I just wanted to get the point across to some people , that you cant always belive a place is hunted out..Im not sure if the dirt shifts and puts the coins in better positions. But in the last few months..Tejas and I have been hitting up our Old hunting grounds, and they are still producing.

Heres a link to Tejasdiggers Video of his find last week

Have Faith in Hunted Out Spots!!!!!

Attachments

• 111_4947.JPG
    111_4947.JPG
    751.4 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
Upvote 9

MNcoinhunter

Nov 19, 2012
Northern Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Sunray X-5, 6" Excelerator EQ2, SEF 10X12.
Garrett AT Pro, 8X11 DD & 5X8 DD,
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations !!!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty lady and in good shape too .[she must work out ,by trying to avoid coin shooters LOL ..Good job man..

TejasDigger

Sep 5, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Excellent find!

Here's something to think about when hunting old grounds. Since there are more hunters out there but ones who tend to take their trash with them, it's just feasible that they're uncovering older/deeper coins. Especially, if they don't check the hole after pulling that junk. You know how it goes, beep beep, crap! Pick up, cover up, move on. ;) Think that doesn't happen? Ask your friend, (who left another half dollar laying less than 4 feet away because he went off climbing a tree in celebration of the one he found. LOL ), ask him how much checking he did of the hole or surrounding area. ;)

Anyway, great save!!

HH!

I searched the hole for more trust me. The thing I didn't do good enough was search the entire area, dang it. I imagine I missed that thing by inches, lol. You miss by an inch you miss by a mile.

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice walker!!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DnD,
Congratulations: on resisting the temptation to rub the dirt from the coins, on going back to a "hunted out place", on finding some really nice finds, on sharing your finds and on having your finger nails nicely trimmed - Great Stuff Thanks for the Winter time share....................63bkpkr

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great shape congrats :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread