Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey All

I went out 2 weeks ago with TejasDigger with no Idea where were going to hunt. So we decided to hit one of the ballfields we have been to at least 20 times before.

We knew that the place was slim pickens for Coins, so we thought we would just focus on Gold Targets, Well after about an hour or so, I hear Tejas Yell my name, and i could tell from the expression on his face, he found something good. I ran over there to check it out, figuring he found a gold ring or something, When sure enough he shows me a Silver Half... We were both in total Shock!!..How could we have missed such a large coin every other time we have been there. we did find a few wheats and he found a merc

Anyway I found a 63 rosie, So my day wanst a complete bust.

We ended up going there again this last weekend, with a much more postive attitude...And sure as hell, he found a Silver Quarter within the first 10 mins.

And as everyone knwos that hunts with someone...when your buddy finds somethign right off the bat...the pressure is on.

I walked back toward the area we started finding signals out of nowwhere.

I started to get a good signal that was reading 89-92, which is usally a quarter on my machine when it bounces back in forth.

I dug down and and pulled out all the loose dirt when I saw this beauty flip out of the hole....HOLY SHIII!!...Was pretty much the next words out of my mouth :hello2:

I was in complete shock...the strangest part was I saw the hole where Tejas dug, and it was less then 4 feet from where both Walkers were buried...Not sure if they were related. But it was pretty damn Odd to me.

Anyway...Sorry for the long story...I just wanted to get the point across to some people , that you cant always belive a place is hunted out..Im not sure if the dirt shifts and puts the coins in better positions. But in the last few months..Tejas and I have been hitting up our Old hunting grounds, and they are still producing.

Heres a link to Tejasdiggers Video of his find last week

Have Faith in Hunted Out Spots!!!!!

Attachments

• 111_4947.JPG
    111_4947.JPG
    751.4 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:
Upvote 9

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Beautiful shape too. Glad you went back to that site, eh?

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats she's a beauty!!!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent find!

Here's something to think about when hunting old grounds. Since there are more hunters out there but ones who tend to take their trash with them, it's just feasible that they're uncovering older/deeper coins. Especially, if they don't check the hole after pulling that junk. You know how it goes, beep beep, crap! Pick up, cover up, move on. ;) Think that doesn't happen? Ask your friend, (who left another half dollar laying less than 4 feet away because he went off climbing a tree in celebration of the one he found. LOL ), ask him how much checking he did of the hole or surrounding area. ;)

Anyway, great save!!

HH!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a beauty!! CONGRATS!

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great save.crazy both of the being that close to one another. Congrats buddy.

jcobb

May 23, 2008
Ft. Worth Tejas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030...AT Pro & Garrett Pro Pointer
Bounty Hunter 505 (Loaner)
Awesome find man! I bet that looked awesome in the hole! Congrats

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent find!

Here's something to think about when hunting old grounds. Since there are more hunters out there but ones who tend to take their trash with them, it's just feasible that they're uncovering older/deeper coins. Especially, if they don't check the hole after pulling that junk. You know how it goes, beep beep, crap! Pick up, cover up, move on. ;) Think that doesn't happen? Ask your friend, (who left another half dollar laying less than 4 feet away because he went off climbing a tree in celebration of the one he found. LOL ), ask him how much checking he did of the hole or surrounding area. ;)

Anyway, great save!!

HH!

Oh Yea...He was happy for me..but trying to figure out why he didnt sweep his coil that way..But you are right...we went there digging gold signals which 90 percent of the time are trash.. and it only exposes more targets....we spent the rest of the day getting as much trash out as possible.
thanks for reading!

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find man! I bet that looked awesome in the hole! Congrats

Thanks man..It was a shocker....When you see something that big coming out...You always know!

We still need to get out one day and hunt .

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great save.crazy both of the being that close to one another. Congrats buddy.

Yea..I almost wish i didnt mention to him how close they were..lol..thats all he thought about the rest of the day...but he was happy..he got his first the week before!

materdigger1

Jun 7, 2012
Natchez, Mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Teknetics T2SE , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Raven 25 digging tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the half DD - and being persistant - very encouraging - HH

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Good stuff, dude!

ohiowhiteguy

Oct 11, 2012
clermont county ohio
Detector(s) used
coin master pro,,,Garrett at pro,,, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet...found my first walker in a hunted out lot...1941..shes fat and still pretty...hh...
owg...

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice. You had a great day.

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
F75 se / Minelab Soveriogn / sunray probe/ whites classic Id/ pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool video and great finds. Congrats.

Top Member Reactions