AT Pro New Smyrna Beach Vacation

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
Well, finally got to try out my AT Pro at the beach. As others have said it does good on the dry sand but I don't have any luck on the wet or in the water. I've found 99999999999999 bottle caps and 3 Lincoln's, all modern. I am running it 2 from the top, iron audio on, pro zero and iron disc. at 35.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, finally got to try out my AT Pro at the beach. As others have said it does good on the dry sand but I don't have any luck on the wet or in the water. I've found 99999999999999 bottle caps and 3 Lincoln's, all modern. I am running it 2 from the top, iron audio on, pro zero and iron disc. at 35.
Keep digging the bottle caps for me....[emoji1]

Hope your luck improves...👍

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know when I took my ATP in the water, i thought it wasnt on at times..lol...I would use my scoop to reassure myself.

that is one good thing about the water hunting in some place...not a ton of garbage in the water...the beach is another story.

I noticed the finds seem better in the water too, my buddie found 2 rings in the water and nothing on the sand

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you are ground balanced between 0-20. Those bottle caps should have a high low sound chirpy sound in pro mode.

Wayne

Metal Detecting Stuff

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you are ground balanced between 0-20. Those bottle caps should have a high low sound chirpy sound in pro mode.

Wayne

Metal Detecting Stuff

I noticed I had to when i went from

Dry sand to Wet Sand to Water...but yea, they did give a crappy signal...on the beaches I dig all

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't tried water hunting yet, do you ground balance on dry land before you get in the water, or do you ground balance with the coil underwater? Is it different in freshwater?

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chad, on the Garrett AT Pro, you ground balance whenever you change soil types. If Freshwater, you will only need to ground balance on the land then again in the water. In salt, you should ground balance when going from dry sand to wet sand to water, as salt concentrations increase when moving from dry to wet.

Wayne

Metal Detecting Stuff

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I ground balance everytime, just wasn't sure about underwater because I haven't seen anybody do it.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Yeah, I ground balance everytime, just wasn't sure about underwater because I haven't seen anybody do it.

It's good to hunt parallel to the beach, so you don't have to ground balance as often. The AT Gold has a ground balance window which allows the user to set up a range.

View attachment 1194649

RL48off

Greenie
Jul 29, 2011
Don't feel bad I'm from that area New Smyrna Beach, everybody that has a metal detector has hit that area !! It's really dead, until the next storm. I hope you took the bottle caps with you LOL !!

Ronnie L
[h=2][/h]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread