At Pro pinpoint issues

JWoodruff

Feb 6, 2013
First I'm pretty much a newb only have about 20hrs on my machine. And have have hunted in virtually hunted out spots but still dug a few bullets and a cuff button.y problem is when I first gpt the machine auto balanced it it balanced around 83, I didnt have much of a prob with pinpointing, but then I wanted to try the manual gb and ran it down until I heard it start beeping then ran it back up to one or two above where it quit which was around 75, it should be balanced right? I can try to auto balance now and it will stay at the current setting. But now I'm having trouble with it pinpointing correctly sometimes the target is even behind the shaft imstead just in front and sometimes off to one side or another. I have dug an 8-10" wide hole to even get some targets some have been larger. I habe read one guy state his gb autoed at 83 but he hunted his as - as he could cause it got greater depth picking up a dime at 8". But it seems to me that doing this greatly reduces the pinpoint accuracy. Any ideas? Please help got a big outting this weekend abd want to maximize my finds.

OP
OP
J

JWoodruff

Feb 6, 2013
Well went out today and door knocked and finally got someone to let us hunt. An older lady that said her grandad used to plow the land behind the house and that for years people would come and hunt when he plowed. But give it up for the AT Pro. With only an hour and half to hunt I decided to work the edges of the property thinking that the field that used to get plowed had been hunted to death and pulled a button back the loop still attached but no front and a piece of buckshot and another flattened bullet that "looks" like it has teeth marks on it, maybe used to bite on while another bullet was removed? Anyway worked with my pinpointing and got it pretty much figured out. Although starting out I had a tine trying to find a spot to gb as the yard leading to the field was some kinda trashy like every two or three inches was beeping we dug a couple of good hits only to pull up a can and and foil still working on trying not to dig that silver ring when thinking its a can. Again the AT Pro f uhh nds the stuff others have missed! Just need to find the spot no one else has hunted!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions