Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't recall the exact number (I've got to start noting those... 😒) but it came up as non-ferrous, so I dug.
This was one of the 2 or 3 times that I've flipped a plug and exposed the target; IDK how they seem to do it every time on YT. Anyhow, I looked down in the hole, and there were the tines sticking up out of the bottom (it was buried upright, tines up)--about 9" deep to the tops of the tines. I didn't know what to expect--maybe just a piece of it--and be still, my heart, could it be sterling? 😲 NFW. Just stainless, and cheap stainless at that. No idea of it's age, but I'd guess 60s or 70s(?)
1714058813626.jpeg

1714058858022.jpeg

It's more magnetic than both our Oneida ware (except the table knives--they're very magnetic for some reason) and Revere ware.
Guess I've got to re-learn a little about stainless steel! 😎

Upvote 5

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't recall the exact number (I've got to start noting those... 😒) but it came up as non-ferrous, so I dug.
This was one of the 2 or 3 times that I've flipped a plug and exposed the target; IDK how they seem to do it every time on YT. Anyhow, I looked down in the hole, and there were the tines sticking up out of the bottom (it was buried upright, tines up)--about 9" deep to the tops of the tines. I didn't know what to expect--maybe just a piece of it--and be still, my heart, could it be sterling? 😲 NFW. Just stainless, and cheap stainless at that. No idea of it's age, but I'd guess 60s or 70s(?)
View attachment 2145431
View attachment 2145432
It's more magnetic than both our Oneida ware (except the table knives--they're very magnetic for some reason) and Revere ware.
Guess I've got to re-learn a little about stainless steel! 😎
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread