Last edited:

S IL THer

Nov 29, 2009
S. Illinois
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, DFX, Coinmaster Pro,White's Eagle II SL, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the aftermarket adapter for regular headphones and just noticed that the reduction adapter I use has an unusually large pin hole and it just wobbles around, tossed that one and got a new one....works fine now! thanks for the replies...

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've had my AP Pro about 6 months and have never heard anything other than my headphones. I do have a little trouble with my pinpointing but its getting better. The AT is a really good machine. I've got a Fisher 75 Limited too and like them both. The Fisher's are a little jittery and jumpy but I've found a bunch of stuff with it.

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Checking the screen for depth is akin to carefully looking at the ground as you walk across the driveway to pick up the Sunday paper, on Sunday morning, trying to make absolutely sure you know where the ground is. Or something very very close to that.

Back in my younger days, Gleaner, On a Sunday morning, I DID have problems walking more than once, I am sure!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The pinpoint sweet spot is just above the shaft. When you run the coil over the target, it might be a few inches above or below the sweet spot. So if a target is 2 inches deep and 2 inches away from the sweet spot, you might get a deeper indicator of depth. (2+2) When you pinpoint and move the sweet spot directly over the target, you are getting a more accurate depth. I always use the pinpoint depth for best results. Wayne www.metaldetectingstuff.com

My experience and method exactly!

Well put, Wayne!

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The pin point is gauged on coins. Anything bigger or smaller will effect the accuracy. If its bigger than a standard dime it will effect accuracy. If its on edge it will effect accuracy. If another target is close it will effect its accuracy. All machines are like this. Not just the Garrett AT Pro. What I am saying in short is dont worry so much about the exact depth. If its a good sounding target dig it and move to the next one. I tend to over analyze my targets and waste time I could be on to my next gold ring.

Take this great advice, add it to what Wayne mentioned in the post before it... And your set!

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found the opposite to b true about pinpointing with double d coil...I rarely use pinpointing button...I X it an pull back till I lose signal and its right under the word garrett at top of my coil....Unless its a can or can slaw those will make any detector crazy lol But I have found it easier to pinpoint than concentrics

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
forgot to add....That's with the ATP

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have found the opposite to b true about pinpointing with double d coil...I rarely use pinpointing button...I X it an pull back till I lose signal and its right under the word garrett at top of my coil....Unless its a can or can slaw those will make any detector crazy lol But I have found it easier to pinpoint than concentrics

Great method! Much faster and more accurate.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
The atpro with big dd pp's very nicely with waggle and turn, I never use pp on targets 4 inches or less. If I hear a deepy, I do use the pp button just to get dead nuts on. I go thru all three levels of detune. It sucks when you gash a nice target.

S IL THer

Nov 29, 2009
S. Illinois
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, DFX, Coinmaster Pro,White's Eagle II SL, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the replies, the adaptor I was using on the aftermarket headphone connector was an odd size and did not fit my headphone pin correctly (it did
wiggle around). I do still get the internal speaker sounding off at time and nothing coming thru the headphones, so I think it may be as you stated as not being
correct impedance to reach the headphones....si ther

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread