AT Pro vs GTI 2500

Metal.detective

Oct 29, 2012
Roanoke Rapids NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all. I've got a quick question I need some opinions on. I've got an AT Pro...Mom is running an AT Pro. My Step- Dad wants to get him a machine. I've been wondering if he should stick with the Pro or is the 2500 pretty good. Some input from some fellow detectorists would be nice. I've never used or even seen the 2500 in person. We do go to the beach some. Can you use the 2500 on the beach pretty good like the Pro? Just trying to give him some options. We're going to stick with the Garrett name. They've treated us really well as far as customer service and that makes a big difference to us. Thanks for the help in advance.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I run an ATP w/5x8 coil my brother has the 2500 using the 9.5" imaging coil. Both are very good machines. We've hunted together and compared lots of signals. I'd give the 2500 the edge on the depth on high conductor targets and the ATP a depth advantage on lower conductor targets even with the smaller coil. One thing that really surprised me about the 2500 was its ability to pick good targets out when next to trash targets. The imaging sees those masked good targets pretty well.
The 2500 may be older tech but still works well.
My biggest complaint about the 2500 is it doesn't come with cam locks for the shafts. Just silly to me especially for its price! Cam lock shaft is available for reasonable price from Garrett(<$20).

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I would suggest that the AT Pro or AT Gold might be the better choice. It has newer technology, is water proof to 10 ft, is lighter and costs less. But as fella mentioned above, "The 2500 may be older tech but still works well." I have found lots of good keepers with both machines.

OP
OP
Metal.detective

Metal.detective

Oct 29, 2012
Roanoke Rapids NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks y'all. I figured we would go with the Pro. I just wanted to see what y'all had to say about it.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm happy with my 2500 in the dry sand. Its pretty accurate and I like the screen. I guess I'm just used to it, but can't think of changing machines...

OP
OP
Metal.detective

Metal.detective

Oct 29, 2012
Roanoke Rapids NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks G.B.I. is it pretty accurate as far as the target size and what the machine thinks it is?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread