AT Pro

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impossible to give advice without knowing what you hunt for and where you hunt it. Why exactly do you think the AT-Pro will be good for you?

OP
OP
JLee123

JLee123

Aug 6, 2012
Jason, I mainly concentrate on coins & relics. My girlfriend is now hooked on hunting w/ me so my thoughts were to give her the Ace 250 & purchase the AT Pro as a second one.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason I question is because the AT-Pro is a highly "water resistant" detector. Are you planning on hunting IN rivers, lakes, etc. where you would need those seals? If not, there are plenty of other great coin designed machines. The one thing I have learned over my many years of hunting is not to pigeon-hole yourself to a brand. I'm not saying the AT is bad in any way, but do some serious research into other makes.

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The AT PRo and AT Gold are both good, as well as many Tesoros, Fisher F75, Technetics T2 White's DFX, MXT. As Jason said, do some research.

I like my AT Pro, I call it Stupid Simple to set-up and use, I also do some beach & water hunting. You'll like it too because it speaks a similar language that you are used too. It's simple to set up and use but it can take a little time to get used to it but since you have some Garrett knowledge, your learning curve will be easier.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions