Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, its been a crazy weekend for me... I co-worker of mine invited me to a new piece of property he purchased in the country, and wanted me to help him find the well from the orginal home that was on the property.

He told me the property had a house on it that was torn down in the 20's and pointed me in that direction. I went out there on Saturday and he was leading me over to where he thought the old house was.

I was walking over there talking to him, when i started getting tons of hits.

i looked down and saw a rifle bullet laying on top of the ground that hadnt be shot yet.

I didnt think much about it until my detector started going off like crazy, i was noticing that there were about 10-15 bullets lying on top of the ground and none of them had been shot.

Then all of a sudden i got a BIG hit!!. I actually raised my degtector about 3 feet off the ground and was still picking it up.

When i got down about 18 inches or so, I found a bag of bullets that had been put into a ziplock bag.

To shorten this story up..

I ended up finding

5 quart sized bags full of ammo of all differnt types of guns....357...44...Shotgun shells

and then found a box that had about 1o more quart bags of shells...all in ziplock bags

I was in serious shock to find ANYTHING like this...the owners jaw was dropped the whole time i was digging this up

I spent about an hour digging up all the ammo, and i know i didnt get it all. But i never thought i would find someones ammo stashed before.

I also went out today for a couple hours ..went to an old park, and found my first Silver braclet!! I was pretty excited because i have found tons of rings, but never a braclet. It actaully rang up as a "60" on the ATP, which is a high gold signal...Also found a really good condition 1918-s Wheat Cent.

So all and all it was a pretty good weekend....Now if there were only some way for me to find all this junked up ammo valuable...

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• 10-26-2013.jpg
    10-26-2013.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 383
  • Bullets1.jpg
    Bullets1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 346
  • bullets2.jpg
    bullets2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 329
  • bullets3.jpg