Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well, excuuuuuse me. that didn't work. what makes an older topic move back on top?

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whiteโ€™s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / Whiteโ€™s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it did work! It's back at the top! So...stop digging when the head of your shovel wears out and the handle is so short the you are scraping your knuckles.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sound advice indeed...

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sheesh, i wanted to see this jump in views. wondering where bill and bb are? Supper maybe?

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This may be alittle off from the topic, but the deepest I have dug a hut site out was 8 feet, got to 6 feet and found a pile of stuff so went down 2 more feet. IT was so deep I had to bring a ladder. :occasion14:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This may be alittle off from the topic, but the deepest I have dug a hut site out was 8 feet, got to 6 feet and found a pile of stuff so went down 2 more feet. IT was so deep I had to bring a ladder. :occasion14:

cool, what kind of stuff?

OP
OP
bbcamay

bbcamay

Dec 29, 2012
Summerville, SC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am here just chuckling at all of the randomness that has popped up in this thread.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jeff,

Just finished supper.....lol......been digging for about 20 years now.....I kept hitting an old school yard sports field again and again.....and there were a few overload signals at different locations at this site that I kept passing over figuring it was deep junk......

Well one day my curiosity got the better of me and decided to dig and find out what the mystery target was......got down 12/15" range and came across the rim of an old rusted manhole cover....mystery solved.....lol.

And see I was even serious and didn't mention anything about the foxy lady who started this thread....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

sheesh, i wanted to see this jump in views. wondering where bill and bb are? Supper maybe?

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bbcamay,

If you haven't figured it out yet.....the metal detecting crowd are a special breed.....a bit different, semi crazy, off the wall.....take your pick.....but never boring....lol...

Regards + HH

Bill

I am here just chuckling at all of the randomness that has popped up in this thread.

scrapdoggie

Nov 23, 2007
Deland Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Pro-Kellyco
I am fairly new but have gotten pretty good at just the basics. I was using an ACE 250 in an open field with no junk distractions. I got a faint hit, so I knew it would be deep. When I pinpointed it with the detector it said it would be 4-6 inches down. I went well below it and around it but got nothing. Finally I had to quit because the sun went down and I couldn't see a thing. I am bummed. It's been a sucky couple of days of hunting for me. Yesterday I hunted for a solid 8 hours and came up with 3 pennies and mounds of crap. I love reading everyone's posts and it sounds like you all do very well. At this point I would just be grateful for a wheatie!

BBcamay, I use the same detector, sometimes you need to move on and just dig solid hits until your rewarded with that Wheatie ! find the easy targets before you go for the deep dark mystery prize...:) you learn a lot from the machine digging shallows first. Happy hunting ..

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a civil war trash pit in Stafford,Virginia by the rail road tracks down by Stoneman Switch, one of the biggest trash pits i've dug/seen.. Wagon parts too railroad ties too huge iron bans, Lot of broken and full bottles and broken/full buttons/breastplates and countless 3 ringers. I woulda had to have a bulldozer too fill the hole in so I filled it back in to about 5 feet then dumped a-whole bunch of firewood/wood in the pit and put a yellow caution tape around the pit which is still there.. :occasion14:

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, it did work! It's back at the top! So...stop digging when the head of your shovel wears out and the handle is so short the you are scraping your knuckles.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Us knuckle draggers take offense to those kind of statements sir.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jeff,

Just finished supper.....lol......been digging for about 20 years now.....I kept hitting an old school yard sports field again and again.....and there were a few overload signals at different locations at this site that I kept passing over figuring it was deep junk......

Well one day my curiosity got the better of me and decided to dig and find out what the mystery target was......got down 12/15" range and came across the rim of an old rusted manhole cover....mystery solved.....lol.

And see I was even serious and didn't mention anything about the foxy lady who started this thread....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Bill,
May I give you a couple quotes?
" well, there you go again"
" you assume too much"
I'm guessing being a foreigner you won't know those

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok, now lets get this thread to 2000!!!!!!

Tony in Virginia

Dec 14, 2012
King and Queen County Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC / FISHER GOLDBUG
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As you get more experienced you will just know. I do agree that a pinpointer will help immeasurably. And sometimes ,if you walk away and detect somewhere else for awhile you will be suprised at what you find when you come back. The main thing to do with one of those signals is to sweep your detector along the outer top edge of the hole , because a tin can or large rusty farm implement will mess with your head.Good luck hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread