Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever since the site has had new ownership, I have had trouble signing in. I have worked with the site fixer upper several times and think I have a valid password now. But when I go back in to change it to one I like, nothing on the edit page seems to work! I guess I'll just hang on to their assigned password if I can and see what happens I know most of the problem is probably my lack of computer skills. But this game of computer science is moving too fast for this old fart! I can do most anything I set my mind to, have a college degree with master degree credits, do most of my own household and vehicle maintenance, have been around the world and the Texas State Fair, but this computer stuff baffles me!

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Hang in there - it is probably something simple like leaving out a step...

Nothing on the edit page seems to work! What does that mean? Are you saying everything is grayed out? Are you saying when you try to change your password - it won't accept the new one you selected? Can we assume when you try to change you password - you also entered your current one? In otherwords - to change to a new one STILL REQUIRES you to enter your current one...

When you attempt to change your password - do you get a message like has no permission to change...?

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have had trouble logging in...but I attribute it to fat finger syndrome...
dropping a symbol out of my name or password...yet I am sure my old finger hit the key...
so I do it again...

good luck monty...don't give up.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I try to change my password I have to enter my present password, but then it comes back and says that is not my password. But it is the password I used to log on in the first place. Go figure.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I try to change my password I have to enter my present password, but then it comes back and says that is not my password. But it is the password I used to log on in the first place. Go figure.

Hang on Monty, I'm seeing if I can get another mod to look at it.... I'm at work, hard to do from smartphone....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see you Monty, I know some have asked about you and noticed your absence.
I too, am technologically challenged, being a dinosaur and all..... I just don't keep up with the technology.
For me, I have to delete my internet browsing cookies, clear my search histories, run disc clean up, and defrag, to keep all the "gunk" out of my little laptop. Especially if I want to edit pic's! I make a lot of spelling errors, too. Typing on a little laptop, is like learning to play piano on a Grand Piano, then being given a baby Casio keyboard! LOL! The fingers just don't fit right! LOL!

It would be nice, if there was a local tnet member, that knows these things, could come help you out some. There are many here, very knowledgeable about computers, perhaps could offer you some competent guidance. Good luck and good to see you!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang loose Monty, we have a message in to ADM.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
While you are waiting - every once in a while I have a problem with my password. It always happens after the wife uses the PC. The wife has a habit of hitting CAPS LOCK and NUM LOCK and when I enter my password - well, it takes a few times until I realize I have to take the CAPS LOCK off!
killingme.gif

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As River Rat , there is a note for Admin.

Also Caps ? are you maybe using or forgetting a cap at the beginning ?

smalltowngirl13

Gold Member
Aug 1, 2012
Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Monty...I am happy to help ya out here...

If you can send me a PM, I can assist ya on the password issue ;)!

WERA689

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty, it's me, Neil. I've been working with you email. I'm still available, either here, or by email again if you're still having the problem. We WILL get you fixed up!

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
The wife has a habit of hitting CAPS LOCK and NUM LOCK and when I enter my password - well, it takes a few times until I realize I have to take the CAPS LOCK off![/QUOTE]

Haha.......my wife uses SCROLL LOCK alot. Totally screws me up when I use the lap top after her. She never turns it off when she's done.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions