Atlantis

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Although I am much more drawn to Lemuria (East Indian, Gobi Desert, Dwarka) ... I know too much about Atlantis actually. Atlantis was shaped similarly to Australia before it broke up. There was land all the way to the strait of Gibraltar at the mouth of the Mediterranean sea. The East Coast of the US was the West Coast of Atlantis.

It existed in the last destruction, it happened around 10,600 BC. The second destruction broke it into about 5 islands. Posidiea is in Bimini off the coast of Miami. There was a huge temple there to Poseidon. If you look up Bimini road?

There is a well there that contains a lot of sulfur and magnesium. Healing well. Also there is huge amounts of gold reserves buried 8-15ft deep beneath the surface. The land is rising. I want to move there so badly.

Also. Did you hear about that crystal ball that was discovered in an underwater temple off the coast of Cuba? It repels metal. WILD

If you're looking for Atlantis start with the Bimini area. It was the last remaining land that sunk. They were a red race of people "Red Skinned" people. Many of the people moved to the Yucatan and Egypt. I guess depending on what side of the continent was accessible. Lets also keep in mind that the mountain range dividing the Atlantic is actually SPREADING so it was a smaller gap than it is now. A lot of people don't take that into consideration.
Lemuria/Mu was BEFORE Atlantis; being "centered" in Hawaii (Islands)... GOTTA read the book, THE SECRETS & MYSTERIES of HAWAII: A Call to the SOUL by Pila of Hawaii. Vietnam Vet, WIA/NDE, now a SHAMAN! WHOO! From the EAST... to the WEST. :coffee2::coffee2: :coffee2::coffee2: Java Zone is OPEN!

Last edited:

Lala

Aug 24, 2015
Central Georgia, USA
Detector(s) used
My 6th sense. No seriously. I just use my intuition.
My dad has the metal detector. No clue what brand it is. You think he's gonna let me play around with it? NOPE.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have to ditto that question, and while I realize that a lot of modern authors are giving Atlantis all kinds of advanced technologies, there is nothing very advanced in Plato's version. The most advanced technology he mentions are triremes, and they are human-powered (oars and sails) wooden ships. If the Atlanteans had advanced technologies, like rather magical crystal balls, flying machines, electronics etc, why would they have been bothering to use man-powered wooden ships? This gets even more marked when you consider that Atlantis was fighting a war of conquest against Athens and several other peoples at the time of her destruction, if the Atlanteans had such advanced technology, how could the Athenians have defeated them in a battle when the Athenians were almost certainly armed with spears and shields?

If the East coast of North America was the West coast of Atlantis, then what "true continent" was laying to the west of it? Perhaps a re-read of Plato might help, but I must respectfully disagree with that idea. Here is the relevant portion of Timaeus:

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean, for in those days the Atlantic was navigable; and there was an island situated in front of the straits which are by you called the Pillars of Heracles; the island was greater than Libya and Asia put together, and was the way to other islands, and from these you might pass to the whole of the opposite continent which surrounded the true ocean; for this sea which is within the Straits of Heracles is only a harbour, having a narrow entrance, but that other is a real sea, and the surrounding land may be most truly called a boundless continent. [/QUOTE]

This is saying that a large island sat in front of the strait of Gibraltar (pillars of Herakles) and that other islands were beyond this, and farther on is the huge continent of the Americas which truly rims the whole of the Atlantic. So if we say the East coast of the US was the West coast of Atlantis, then what huge continent was Plato referring to that was way beyond that? I put that term island in bold, which is what Atlantis was, an island and not a continent although it is extremely common for people to make that mistake, perhaps by misreading or misunderstanding what Plato wrote.
By the way welcome to Treasurenet Lala! :thumbsup: :occasion14:

Please do continue:

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Sigh. I've read Timeaus. Like 5 times. If you read the whole thing it paralells the book of genesis.
You're still underestimating how big Lemuria was and it existed until the first destruction of Atlantis.
Timeaus was used to support platos Republic.
Please check out the cayce readings. He clarifies it all. Its in both places. Swear to god.
Hawaii was in lemuria yes.
I might be a girl... But im an english lit major. Trust me, instead of rejecting different ideas, You should read the cayce links i just handed you it took me 42 forevers to find. ;) i understand cognitive dissonance makes us feel safe doesnt get us closer to any treasure though. Believe me. Just read the links. And thank you for the welcome and good morning!

Lala

Aug 24, 2015
Central Georgia, USA
Detector(s) used
My dad has the metal detector. No clue what brand it is. You think he's gonna let me play around with it? NOPE.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lemuria, brown people. Indo china, gobi desert. Their civilization stretched to the west coast of south america. They lost their continent in the first pole reversal.

Atlantis was a big continent at that time. After the first destruction it was broken apart into 5 islands. During the first destruction the south pacific was the equator. That changes your geography significantly. If the equators different that means the water is going to settle differently. The mississippi basin was under water. Utah nebraska oregon nevada above water that was what was known as the US.

Lala

Aug 24, 2015
Central Georgia, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You still neeeeeeeed to read cayceeeeee!

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Hi Lala,
I hope you won't take our debate as any kind of personal attack or if so, I will be happy to let it go. My differences are with the ideas, not you personally so if any of this is offensive, just PM me and I will delete it.

Lala wrote
Sigh. I've read Timeaus. Like 5 times. If you read the whole thing it paralells the book of genesis.
You're still underestimating how big Lemuria was and it existed until the first destruction of Atlantis.
Timeaus was used to support platos Republic.

His story of Atlantis, contained within the two dialogues of Timaeus and Critias, is not necessary to be linked to his Republic, which is also an interesting and at times fairly humorous read. The fact that Plutarch informed us about Solon having attempted to compose a history of Atlantis should be enough evidence that Plato's use of it does not mean it is absolutely linked to his other work(s).

I have not made any mention of Lemuria, and actually do not see it related to Atlantis due to the massive time gap involved. The time period which you have referred to, with the continents we know today being barely recognizable and other continents like Kergeulen or Zeelandia being above water, is actually many millions of years ago, not 11,500 years ago. There is nothing in Plato or any other ANCIENT source suggesting that Atlantis was anything other than a large island, actually one large island and several other smaller ones, ten in total. If you can show any geologic evidence that our continents were that much different, circa 11,500 years ago or even near that time period, then perhaps we can link Lemuria to the story of Atlantis.

I underlined that term ANCIENT because I have found that when researching any historical event, it is generally a good practice to stick to the oldest sources available, being the closest in time to the actual events. This does not hold true for the Dark Ages, when horrible exaggerations, mythical creatures and witchcraft etc get mixed in to "history" but in general, the ancient world record from the ancient writers, has proven fairly accurate. The farther you get away from the actual events, the greater the chances for errors to have crept in, or even deliberate falsehoods, as all historians put their own stamp on the histories they write. It is true that the actual texts we have from ancient sources are rather limited both in number and total information, but I am very (underline that) hesitant about trusting modern sources on Atlantis. It is simply all too easy to imagine all sorts of things and tack it onto Atlantis. Edgar Cayce, the sleeping prophet, is a modern source.

Edgar Cayce. Hmm. When I was young, and living in Virginia (and working at the same line of work our mutual amigo Reb is today) I did visit the Edgar Cayce museum in Virginia Beach. I had several books on him and his readings. Some of his work is rather amazing, especially concerning illnesses and how to treat them - but in other areas it is not so impressive. Like his description of where the Lost Dutchman mine is located for instance, or that Atlantis would "rise" in 1968 or 69.

The Many Failed Edgar Cayce Prophecies | Top Secret Writers

When you read Timaeus, it is good to keep in mind the world as Plato knew it. For instance, the Greeks believed that Asia was very small, much smaller than Europe, and Libya (Africa) they believed to be less than one quarter of its true size, thinking it was some triangular shaped block of land, cut off not far below Egypt and angling right over to not far below the strait of Gibraltar (Pillars). Even their ideas of how large Europe was, were rather vague as to how far it extended to the North. Also keep in mind that some bits of our English translations are highly questionable, like "larger" vs "greater" or "in the middle of" (megos, mesos etc). It helps to have one of the Harvard Classic books which have the original Greek side by side with the English translation, and a good ancient Greek dictionary as well.

I do not know of any reference to Lemuria prior to Philip Sclater in 1864, which was an attempt to explain how there were Lemurs in both Madagascar and India, on opposite sides of the Indian Ocean, yet no Lemurs in Africa which is much closer to Madagascar. Hence the name Lemuria, but it should exist in the Indian Ocean if it ever existed at all. Really Lemuria deserves its own thread, IMHO.

If you read through this thread you would know that I have also proposed that the great flood in Genesis is talking about the same event that destroyed Atlantis, just as Ignatius Donnelly proposed in his famous book. There are parallels and then there are some that do not parallel - for the Genesis flood seems to destroy everything, not just one island empire, while Atlantis destruction hardly affected Egypt for instance as the priest told Solon. So we agree on that.

I do keep the door open for the far-out possibilities like a high tech Atlantis, but there is no reason to attribute such things to Atlantis, which was practically at the dawn of agriculture, let alone advanced technologies. Psychic reading type sources can be remarkably accurate, and they can also be remarkably inaccurate, as with the example of California sliding into the sea which Cayce also predicted. Would Atlantis mean so much less to you, if they were a society of farmers and soldiers and sailors, with no truly advanced technology, yet even so were thousands of years ahead of many other peoples that were still living in caves and hunting mastodons?

So let me ask you this, what has convinced you that Atlantis was a huge continent at one time, that it had advanced technologies etc? Thank you in advance.
Oroblanco

Need more coffee!
:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Lala

Aug 24, 2015
Central Georgia, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oro. I aint mad atcha! I just want you to read it. :) wasnt Timeaus a hilarious dialogue though? Solon trying to toot his own horn... Egyptians shut him down.
Haha!
As to how I know all that or am convinced. Cayce convinced me. The link I posted discusses in depth the mineral content of the area. The readings all did not take place at once so if he was lying... Hes pretty a pretty darn accurate liar. I cant seem to find places or cues what he's saying is false. For instance he sent the geologists exactly to the well in bimini. Predicted the year they'd find it. He predicted the dead sea scrolls. The essenes. I pretty much have to give credit where credits due.
The link i posted are every time a reading transcript mentions atlantis. He mentions it a lot. Its just spread out which is why I had to pan it to get the goodies.
Well atlantis used hot animal air baloons to travel. They used crystals and harnessed the energy of the sun through them. They didn't have advanced technology that I can see really its... Different.
I mentioned before I LOVE CRYSTALS.
I aint lookin for the tech boys. I'm looking for the jewels temples artifacts literature tablets and the relics.

Lala

Aug 24, 2015
Central Georgia, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah and with as much earthquake and drought and el nino coming? Sink hole state. The wildfires are dehydrating the land further. All it'd take is one rouge to knock it out. The fault lines have been super active. Tons of new islands rising near solomon islands in figi.
I got the weather and the usgs on lock down. I troll it daily.
Another note, the mid atlantic ridge is now active too.3 earthquakes in the last week.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
PS the Egyptians seemed to take pleasure in shooting down the Greeks ideas of their own antiquity, as they did much the same thing to Herodotus when he traced his own family tree a few generations back to a god, they led him to a hall of statues of former Egyptian kings running back thousands of years, without any gods or goddesses showing up in all that time, far beyond what Herodotus thought to be the time of his gods.

Lala

Aug 24, 2015
Central Georgia, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS the Egyptians seemed to take pleasure in shooting down the Greeks ideas of their own antiquity, as they did much the same thing to Herodotus when he traced his own family tree a few ge nerations back to a god, they led him to a hall of statues of former Egyptian kings running back thousands of years, without any gods or goddesses showing up in all that time, far beyond what Herodotus thought to be the time of his gods.

Solon was asking for it. He was totally tooting his own horn that the greeks were the best ever. Not even on his own turf either with that nationalist stuff. We'd do the same thing if some hoity toity came over here talking smack about how great his culture was.
Eh.
It was funny!

Lala

Aug 24, 2015
Central Georgia, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lala luv, the so callesd global waming is simply due to the wobble or the axis shift. Man has an insignificant role in this i so far.

In regards fo the plate shifts, remember there is a rotational shift also .

Who said anything about global warming? Hm?

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Who said anything about global warming? Hm?

Actually I did refer to it as well, as the ending of the last Ice Age was in fact global warming, which led to massive ice dams, floods when these meltwater lakes burst etc.

Coffee anyone?
:coffee2: :coffee2:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Actually I did refer to it as well, as the ending of the last Ice Age was in fact global warming, which led to massive ice dams, floods when these meltwater lakes burst etc.

Coffee anyone?
:coffee2: :coffee2:
Java Zone is now OPEN! Help yourself... DO carry ON!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread