Attended the Collinsville Show this weekend

Matt G

Mar 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! Any of you that have never been to this show, put it on your calendar for next year! We were amazed at the sheer amount of stuff to look at. Most of our shows have what, 30-50 tables maybe? This show had around 400 tables of artifacts to look at.........most of it worth more than I will ever be able to spend, but still really worth the drive to look at and handle. After getting sore necks (literally) looking at all the artifacts, we went over to Cahokia Mounds (couple miles) and took in the museum and mound group. Climbed up Monk's Mound and the view from up there of the St. Louis area is pretty awesome........if you haven't been, its something very worth doing. Nice drive now with hwy 218 four lane all the way to St. Louis too. Can't wait for the show next year.........I will go back for sure! I typically am not interested in buying points, but I have been working for a couple years at putting together a case with one point (of a style and material typical of the area) from each state. I got Utah, Indiana, New York, North Dakota, and Massachusetts at the show..........up to about 30 now.

Matt

iowa trout

Dec 9, 2010
Cool Matt thanks for review sounds like a huge show same place/date next year?,Cahokia mounds is on the calender for summer plans . Your outing must have been really fun and educational cant wait to see your states frame 30 now your over half way there sweet goal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions