ATTENTION NEW MEMBER "TOMCAPS"

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
This is for a new member by the name of tomcaps. I wasn't able to post the attached images via a PM so I'm attaching them here. He will know what they pertain to regarding our discussion about the earliest 7up bottle cap ...

Tom:

1. Does your cap look like the one attached here?

2. Here's the ad I spoke about from ... The Salt Lake Tribune ~ Salt Lake City, Utah ~ June 4, 1931

7up Cap First with Seven-Up.png

7up Ad The Salt Lake Tribune June 4, 1931 (2).jpg

tomcaps

Jun 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob, Yes that's my cap, I guess you found it on the crowncap database. It would seem to make sense that my cap was the first one to say seven-up after the patent was approved, which would indicate 1929 or 1930. Tom

OP
OP
SODABOTTLEBOB

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
Tom:

Here's the earliest cap I can find related to "Bib-Label Lithiated Lemon-Lime Soda" It's said to date 1928-29. But notice it does not use the words "Bib-Label" If related to 7up as I believe it is, then it would precede the cap I posted earlier and the one you have, and would (I suppose) rightly be considered the first 7up related bottle cap.

7up Cap First 1928 1929.png

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ATTENTION NEW MEMBER "TOMCAPS"

Yo Bob, I tried that phone number at the bottom, it said press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish, and 3 if I was crazy. Nice post by the way

OP
OP
SODABOTTLEBOB

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
Yo Bob, I tried that phone number at the bottom, it said press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish, and 3 if I was crazy. Nice post by the way

Mark:

Thanks. By the way, did you say "please" when you dialed that number? Oops, correction ... I mean when you "punched in" that number? (Lol) :tongue3:

OP
OP
SODABOTTLEBOB

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
Tom:

I'm not sure when the "Seven Times As Good" cap was first introduced, but it would have been at least as early as 1931 because its pictured in the Utah newspaper ad. I'm confident your "Seven Up" cap is the first directly related to 7up.

7up Bottle Cap Lithiated Lemon Soda.png

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mark:

Thanks. By the way, did you say "please" when you dialed that number? Oops, correction ... I mean when you "punched in" that number? (Lol) :tongue3:

Ok, you got me on that one.. It would be "punched in".
So, this bottle cap you posted could be one of or the first seven-up bottle cap(s) ?

OP
OP
SODABOTTLEBOB

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
Correcto-mundo ... Tom and I are thinking his cap with "Seven Up" spelled out with the 7 on top is the very first actual 7up bottle cap. The "Lithiated Lemon & Limes Soda" cap I posted would have been slightly earlier but connected to the "Bib-Label" brand and not 7up.

OP
OP
SODABOTTLEBOB

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
By the way, if anyone finds "anything" with "Bib-Label Lithiated Lemon-Lime Soda" on it, such as bottle caps, labels, advertisements, or any form of go-with's, I recommend buying it on the spot, because as far as I know no such critters are currently known to exist.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread