Austin area Fossil ?????

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to go to a place in the Austin area where the road was cut into a hill, more, or less...It had steep banks on both sides of the road..Anyway, I picked up alot of fossil seashells up there about 10 years ago..Problem is I cant remember where it was exactly..My buddy says it was near Johnson City...Any ideas on this place or a few others where I can pick up a few simple little fossils with the new girlfriend..I brought back quite a few that last time...A local told me everythime it rains hard the wash loose...Im going up to the area Sunday, and would love to find a few...Any area residents that can help outr, thanks, Tom

OP
OP
gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kraken said:
If you ever get up to Killeen let me know.

Kraken

Kraken,
Thanks I will sure do that...I try to take a ride every week end, if I can...I live near Galveston........Would love to make it up your way...Tom

kraken

Dec 9, 2006
No problem, I used to live in Texas City, and Galveston for years, in fact on the corner of 29th and Broadway.

OP
OP
gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived at 1111 36 th st...Next door to Grace Episcapul church...Loved living on the Island...I now live in Texas City, and still go down to Galveston about once a week.....I work up in Seabrook....Not to far away.....Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread