Australia offers best job in world on paradise island

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Australia offers 'best job in world' on paradise island

… SYDNEY (AFP) – An Australian state is offering internationally what it calls "the best job in the world" -- earning a top salary for lazing around a beautiful tropical island for six months.

The job pays 150,000 Australian dollars (105,000 US dollars) and includes free airfares from the winner's home country to Hamilton Island on the Great Barrier Reef, Queensland's state government announced on Tuesday.

In return, the "island caretaker" will be expected to stroll the white sands, snorkel the reef, take care of "a few minor tasks" -- and report to a global audience via weekly blogs, photo diaries and video updates.

The successful applicant, who will stay rent-free in a three-bedroom beach home complete with plunge pool and golf buggy, must be a good swimmer, excellent communicator and be able to speak and write English.

"They'll also have to talk to media from time to time about what they're doing so they can't be too shy and they'll have to love the sea, the sun, the outdoors," said acting state Premier Paul Lucas.

"The fact that they will be paid to explore the islands of the Great Barrier Reef, swim, snorkel and generally live the Queensland lifestyle makes this undoubtedly the best job in the world."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090113/od_afp/lifestyleaustraliatourismoffbeat_20090113032028

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Australia offers 'best job in world' on paradise island

Yeah, I saw that EARLY this morning... and I am going to make my video to apply!!!
I've already passed it by my family members and fiancee, and they all think I should go for it.

I think between my Missions Training here at college, my studies on the Islands & the people of the Oceania & South Pacific areas, and the fact that I was pretty much raised up on the beach... yeah, I may be qualified and who they're looking for.

Chances of me getting it? Probably a few hundred thousand to one... but it's worth a shot!
I'm leaving college after this semester anyway, so the timing is just right! 8)

Bran <><

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

I will definitely be cheering for you Bran! :thumbsup:

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good luck Bran! If you need a reference, just let me know.
It WILL require an invite after you get the gig tho........ :wink:

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter

With my luck the plane would crash on the way there, so go for it Bran! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

.....and just why are you leaving college young man?

Attachments

• we need to talk.gif
    we need to talk.gif
    12 KB · Views: 408
  • we need to talk.gif
    we need to talk.gif
    12 KB · Views: 423

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

uhoh....now ya gotta answer to mom Bran!! :tongue3:

S

seger98

I wonder how many millions of applications they will receive? :icon_scratch:

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gypsy Heart said:

Because, upon registering for my classes yesterday... I realized that ALL of my Bible/Missions/Youth classes will be done after this semester... leaving me with only my general classes, which I've pushed aside because I'm not that good at some of them. But I can take the remainder of them at any college and transfer them in to graduate.

I know there probably is millions of applicants for this thing, so I won't get my hopes up high. The odds are clearly stacked up against every person. I just see myself in every detail of that job. It's even in the area of the world (Oceania & South Pacific) where I had already been studying up on the islands and the people there to possibly be a missionary too. *shrugs*

It's still worth a shot I guess....

Bran <><

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I wonder how they will make the decision with all those applications...

PLL

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hi all, The site is getting 40 hits a second but everyone one got a chance. snicker ,snicker Bet gypsy applied 5000 times lol

tinpan ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

tinpan said:
hi all, The site is getting 40 hits a second but everyone one got a chance. snicker ,snicker Bet gypsy applied 5000 times lol

tinpan ;D ;D ;D
5002 :D

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,

have you seen the little problem of shark attacks there this summer, 3 with great whites, and all i can think of is box jellyfish, other than that i think it would be awsome

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

On the news this morning - 250,000 applications for one job. And still climbing!!!

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jerrync said:
Bran you can take your courses online n still beach bum ;D

Regardless if I were be selected... I will be either way, come May!

Bran <><

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I submitted my application and video yesterday afternoon, after 4 hours of trying to get the website up. I guess it was overloaded with internet overload all day. Whoever gets selected, good luck and have a goog time.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JUST IN

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

godisnum1 said:
Gypsy Heart said:

Because, upon registering for my classes yesterday... I realized that ALL of my Bible/Missions/Youth classes will be done after this semester... leaving me with only my general classes, which I've pushed aside because I'm not that good at some of them. But I can take the remainder of them at any college and transfer them in to graduate.

I know there probably is millions of applicants for this thing, so I won't get my hopes up high. The odds are clearly stacked up against every person. I just see myself in every detail of that job. It's even in the area of the world (Oceania & South Pacific) where I had already been studying up on the islands and the people there to possibly be a missionary too. *shrugs*

It's still worth a shot I guess....

Bran <><

Go for your Dream Job, just make sure you use the knowledge of all your Mates here on TNet, to ensure you know - what you are letting yourself in for.

Cheers, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions