Australia offers best job in world on paradise island

Yarrum

Mar 13, 2007
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Jackeroo, BH Landstar
Re: Australia offers 'best job in world' on paradise island

Hate to break it to everyone but it was a hoax by our Queensland tourism department, they have since apologized.

Fake 'dream job' video leaves Tourism Qld red-faced

Posted Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:35pm AEDT
The Qld Govt says the promotion has drummed up plenty of publicity for the tourism industry.

The Qld Govt says the promotion has drummed up plenty of publicity for the tourism industry. (ABC TV News - file image)

Tourism Queensland has been left red-faced over a major promotion dubbed the "world's best job".
Applications were recently sought for a high-paid six-month stint as a caretaker on Hamilton Island in the Whitsundays.
One video entry purported to show a woman getting a tattoo to prove her commitment to the Great Barrier Reef.
But it has been revealed the tattoo was fake and the woman was an employee of an advertising agency involved in the campaign.
Tourism Queensland chief executive Anthony Hayes admits it was a mistake.
"Obviously we've messed up so there's no point saying anything other than that. I've got to cop that on the chin," he said.
"That's our fault and we've now cleaned it up by getting rid of it as quickly as we could.
"It was really just to get people thinking how creative could their own video be.
"People are off and running so we've got rid of it to make sure there's no more confusion."
The State Treasurer says the campaign has been extremely successful in drumming up publicity for the tourism industry.
Andrew Fraser says he is not aware of the video in question, but believes using a bogus entry was not appropriate.
"I'd be happy to get some information about that particular issue and comment further but if that is the case then certainly I think that that is inappropriate," he said.

If it's too good to be true it usually is. Sorry guys. :-\

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread