• auto feed 4.jpg
    auto feed 4.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 139

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
sd2100 infinium ls, 10 inch dredge
i wish it was my build, a guy in alaska built this for his auto feeder into shaker table. i am sure you could build this for well under 200 bucks. it is a wet feed. no custom parts. a wood auger for the feed.

bill/cr

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A small scale one could be made very inexpensively using a 12v motor...hmm maybe a future project for me...

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I built a rotary auto-feeder a couple of years ago. It could be built to any scale needed, if a guy was handy. You can see it operating here:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hay Jim where do you get the gear reduction motors?
The ones like the one on the smaller jig (other video) I bought 4 of them on EBay...cost me a total of $57.00, including shipping. The one on the jig in the video is also from EBay....they sell for $78 new + shipping. They have an ouput speed about 200RPM, and are more powerful. The smaller units have an output about 75rpm. The one I used on the auto-feeder is a window motor off a Chevy of some sort. All these smaller motors have gears on the output shaft, and I have to machine an adapter to fit them to a round shaft.
The chain and sprockets on the auto-feeder came off a kid's bike I bought at a thrift store for $5.00. They had to be modified to work on the feeder, but no big deal.
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread