Detector(s) used
minelab gp 3000 minelab xterra 70

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I need to put the pulley in between the pump and engine on my keene 185 and honda gx 200 for running the compressor, anybody know how to get the impeller off? I guess it screws off, but thought id ask before i mess something up
yes it screws off look on youtube there's a vid on pump maint. For keene p180..
I could explain but it's better to watch!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
yep it unscrews the sameway of the engines rotation(to remove)! its usually EZ to remove if it isnt corroded on. to remove it easily, remove the sparkplug and slip a peice of rope down into the cyclindar with enough rope to block the piston from rotating. then remove the outter houseing from the pump (4 bolts-and use anti-seize compound when replaceing the bolts) now if you have a strap wrench ,wrap the strap around the impellor and turn the impellor the sameway the engine rotates(to remove).DO NOT USE ANY STRIKING TOOL TO HIT THE IMPELLOR! hopefully itll pop free and unscrew!if not, id squirt some Kroil oil or some type of anti-rust spray and let it sit for awhile and try it again.while your at it, it may be a good time to check or replace your pump seal! DONT FORGET to use the anti-seize compound on the bolts and maybe a good idea to use some high temp anti-seize compound on the spark plug as well!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The vid mentioned is mine. It's a great video for learning how to remove and replace the pump, HOWEVER, I was attempting to follow the manufacturer instructions. PLEASE do not use a screwdriver to remove the impeller like I did. I was lucky I didn't damage mine. Please use a strap wrench to loosen the impeller.

panningjack

Apr 16, 2013
Nampa, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3
When I tried to remove my impeller yesterday it was stuck. I applied some heat with a propane torch and it came right off. Be careful not to heat so much that you melt your pump seal. I'll be applying some anti-seize when I put it back together

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions