Autographs to friends for free!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I now own two sailboats.... next week, three! I was asked today by a Rep for Walt Disney Pictures to use my tiny sailboat in a full-length film to be made in and around Titusville, FL in the following months. Too soon to let the cat (mouse) out of the bag but she asked if I would be able to change the name from River Rat (Hey Judie!) to River Mouse. DON'T touch that dial! Pics will be coming soon! TTC

Do you get to be in the film, or just the boat?

I want your autograph.

Just put it on a blank check and mail it to me. :laughing7:

I hope they don’t plan on sinking your boat or shoot it full of holes with cannon balls. :blackbeard:

sounds fun just to see how movies are made

Congrats to you.Will we see you at the academy awards.

sounds fun just to see how movies are made

Hay jeff, why so short? No d. lol Frank... z taft face.jpg

There's nothing like another great adventure! Good luck, Frank...pirate.jpg

Tnx, all. Is the move working out? That is ALWAYS up to the mover! A move is what you make it.... LIFE is what you make it. Lead, follow, or get out of the way! TTC

You named a boat in honor of me? Thank you, you're so sweet & I'm so honored, even if you have to change the name to "River Mouse". Avatar15.jpg

Well that is pretty cool. Neat thing about that is the little boat will be worth a pretty penny after that. Better than the SS Minnow as she will still be afloat........ we hope, ha ha.:icon_thumleft:

Do you get to be in the film, or just the boat?
I don't know, yet. Just talked to her yesterday. Here's how it went: I just happen to walk into the Marina office (where I live), and the manager and clerk pointed at me and said, "He has what you're looking for!" My heart raced dangerously close to the breaking point.... 'til I learned THAT was not what they meant. It seems the film will be shot around the condos just south of the high-rise across the Indian River. They needed a sailboat or two in the water near/at the docks there. The docks are very shallow so my small boat, a Com-pac 16, is just the ticket. I showed her the boat and she said, "THAT is the one!" Whether or not I will be in the film or the boat is just a "backround" prop is not known by me yet. But I can still go to the theater and yell, "Hey! That's my boat!" when it shows up on screen. TTC

You named a boat in honor of me? Thank you, you're so sweet & I'm so honored, even if you have to change the name to "River Mouse". View attachment 886452
I'll tell you what, Judy. It goes back to River Rat after the film. FRIENDS FIRST, the rest of the world second! But I WILL need the graphic of your choice for the space between River (and) Rat. You pick it. Terry

Awesome that's great! Just don't forget us all when you and the boat hit the big time!

I'll tell you what, Judy. It goes back to River Rat after the film. FRIENDS FIRST, the rest of the world second! But I WILL need the graphic of your choice for the space between River (and) Rat. You pick it. Terry

am i to assume the other boat is named the Jeff-gordon?

am i to assume the other boat is named the Jeff-gordon?
Ha ha ha! Good! I like that! But......sorry. The 30 footer is Restless Wind. The Catalina 22 (a racing class) will probably be Isabella or Blue Moon. More than likely, I will not be in the flick. We'll see. Let's see.... Jeff Gordon...... Gordon Lightfoot...... Edmond Fitz..... There might be something there for you, Jeff. We have at least one other in the Marina that has been associated with film boats. Herbert Munster is here (no, not that big guy!). Herb crewed on the HMS BOUNTY for 13 years during part of its film days. I have been on the Bounty and Pride of Baltimore II while both were docked in Milwaukee side by side one July fourth year. I can't remember which year. Both have sunk since. Hmmm.... maybe I shouldn't tell that to the Disney film crew! In '82, I worked for Jack Lemmon as a house/grounds guard at his home... on Benedict Canyon Dr HOLLYWOOD. On his wall was a Disney quote. It went something like.... A man's worth is not measured by the amount of money in his bank account but the amount he can offered to lose. TTC

River_Rat.png

Last edited:
Congratulations Terry! Hopefully you'll get yourself a cameo appearance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back