Aw Hell no!!!

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:stop: I had to go run some errands today and decided to stop by a defunct alternative school for a few minutes on my way home. Found absolutely nothing around the school or sidewalks and was making my way back to the truck. Right next to where I parked was a small grassy island. I decided to swing it real quick. I got a crazy signal but it was strong and only 6 inches deep so I decided to check it out. I saw some round metal in the hole and was happy that I had found some kind of star of David emblem. It was covered in dirt and I was covered in sweat so I just threw it in my bag and got in my truck to head home. Once I got home I decided to rinse it off for closer inspection. As the dirt fell away I held it upright so that the clasp was at the top. Suddeny I was struck with shock!!! It's a freaking pentagram! Ahhhh! So, here is the picture. After this post this thing is going out of my house and off my property! Yikes!! 20160718_141609.jpg

Upvote 18

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Well hell, the Devil with the darned thing!

I'd feel the same. Invite the Devil in and he'll surely come to stay...

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Superstition is only what you choose to believe. It's a harmless inanimate object, nothing more nothing less. Lots of groups from Pegans to Wiccans to Freemason use that same symbol.
Neat find. The one I found was a Marlboro keychain.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
I agree with Icewing. Nothing Devilish about a pentagram. More likely to be Jewish, really. Haven't you seen The DaVinci Code?

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you sure it was only 6" down...or was it 6", 6 cm and 6 mm down? hmmm....

Fixitdave

May 11, 2012
Well if you tossing it out throw it my way I not scared lol still cool piece nice find hh

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd beat it with a Hammer into a Nugget of Silver also ;Imo If your "Right" Spiritually that thing 'Cant touch you'..

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Soak it in chicken blood while saying (in your best Creole accent) Makak pa janm kwe petit-li led.

Then light two black candles while dancing in your underwear around a goat's head. (alive or dead, doesn't matter)

Ebbery tang be gud den mon.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Soak it in chicken blood while saying (in your best Creole accent) Makak pa janm kwe petit-li led.

Then light two black candles while dancing in your underwear around a goat's head. (alive or dead, doesn't matter)

Ebbery tang be gud den mon.

:laughing7: I think if he was dancing in his underwear, it might be a curse. To anyone that saw him do it:laughing7:

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with you - get rid of it ASAP - take it back where you found it & rebury it.

Texas ED

WildWildBill

Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 950/White's Bullseye pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it silver? If it's silver I like it. Let me know and I'll trade you something for it. Since I'm from Ky, an arrowhead from Ky perhaps. Besides that, I'm part Jewish. Don't practice the faith, but definitely a symbol of my family's heritage. Matter of fact, had to go to a Barmitzfa early last month in NY.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
being you found it at a school, I'll guess it stands for some girls idea of a cool accessory .
nothing more, nothing less.

& I agree !
Nice Find :thumbsup:

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a message from God.

There is no other possible reason you have found it. :angel12:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The real question is....
How did you know there was a "defunct alternative school"......
Hhhmmmmmm........

OP
OP
KyDigNQueen

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The real question is....
How did you know there was a "defunct alternative school"......
Hhhmmmmmm........
LOL, BigDave, haha. My husband used to live in that town and said after it closed as an elementary school it became an alternative school for misfits.

OP
OP
KyDigNQueen

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is it silver? If it's silver I like it. Let me know and I'll trade you something for it. Since I'm from Ky, an arrowhead from Ky perhaps. Besides that, I'm part Jewish. Don't practice the faith, but definitely a symbol of my family's heritage. Matter of fact, had to go to a Barmitzfa early last month in NY.
It's just cheap metal, sorry.

OP
OP
KyDigNQueen

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:laughing7: I think if he was dancing in his underwear, it might be a curse. To anyone that saw him do it:laughing7:
I think you mean " she" not he, Digger. Haha!

OP
OP
KyDigNQueen

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with you - get rid of it ASAP - take it back where you found it & rebury it.

Texas ED
That was my thought, Texas Ed! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread