Awesome 18th Century Serpent Side Plate from Fowler! (circa 1730-1760) & other relics

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome 18th Century Serpent Side Plate from Fowler! (circa 1730-1760) & other relics

Hello all! I had a great time Friday & Saturday saving some history. My favorite find was the serpent side plate off of a flintlock fowler (dates to 1730-1760). This is actually one of my favorite finds period. I love the dragon design. Someone actually sent me a link to an original rifle that's an exact match! Hunting Guns in Colonial America We stumbled onto a colonial site that I suspect may be some sort of camp. There was not enough iron to be a homesite.

I also got out to a few other sites over the weekend & found a nice assortment of relics & coins. It was a beautiful day Saturday. It was nice to get out with some good friends & also make some new ones.

Thanks for looking & HH!
side_plate.png balls.png tombac.png melt.png knif.png silv.png stuf.png lock.png stuf2.png rabies.png forky.png whatsit.png call_button.png stuf3.png

Upvote 17

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
magnum nice relics I found a pocket knife similar to yours.vanzutphen

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Serpent Side Plate Rocks Hard !!!!!! Stylistically it looks like some kind of Anglo Saxon (Beowulf comes to mind ) period artifact
that Crusader might find - 10th , 11th century or so .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread