AWESOME BOARD!

CopperRocket

Dec 16, 2010
I would just like to thank everyone for being so great on this board. There are so many positive people on here (which is much needed when CRHing), and all the new members are welcomed with open arms. This, despite the fact that in the most general way, all new posters are potentially competition. Keep up the great work everyone, and thank you for making this hobby more enjoyable!

Upvote 0

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Nice post. I'm sure everyone will appreciate your kind words.
You are right....this is a forum and CHRing is a great hobby.
Regards,
rileyboy

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
I found this board almost 2 years ago and have to agree, great bunch of folks here with a lot of positive comments. I'm always looking to see what others are finding, makes me want to try harder.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
CopperRocket said:
This, despite the fact that in the most general way, all new posters are potentially competition.

As long as the new posters aren't in my area, I'm ok with it. ;D

Napa Steve

Aug 19, 2009
Napa california
Detector(s) used
DFX 300 6x10dd DX1 Prizm III
SFBayArea said:
CopperRocket said:
This, despite the fact that in the most general way, all new posters are potentially competition.

Hows it going buddy, what are the gps cordinates of your favorite site ;D

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Napa Steve said:
SFBayArea said:
CopperRocket said:

Well, you're in Napa.. I'm not close enough to you to be concerned. I'm in the Peninsula.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
thats very kind words :wink:
i have to agree, everyone is welcome, and this is my favorite thing to do in free time (or in time that i should be doing other stuff around the house :laughing9:)!

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
Napa Steve said:
SFBayArea said:
CopperRocket said:

I won't give you my source bank but here is my dump bank when I am in Napa ;D

38.320619,-122.299845

Anyone on the West Coast is our competition since we are all served by the SF Fed. I ran into a few of SFBayArea's marked coins (11/10) in Sacramento last weekend.

HH,
65GT350

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
Agreed. I just got into metal detecting late summer and put nearly 500 hours on it before ground froze and wondered what I would do over the winter months and happened to come across a link to this site on my MD Forum. Never heard of CRH until October and now I am as hooked to it as MD. That said, I have been given so much advice on this forum and have learned a ton by reading all the posts from the veteran CRH's here. A great forum indeed!

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
65gt350 said:
Napa Steve said:
SFBayArea said:
CopperRocket said:

I won't give you my source bank but here is my dump bank when I am in Napa ;D

38.320619,-122.299845

Anyone on the West Coast is our competition since we are all served by the SF Fed. I ran into a few of SFBayArea's marked coins (11/10) in Sacramento last weekend.

HH,
65GT350

That is very interesting. I usually have one main dump bank so it's interesting that they got up to Sacramento. Although I was in Sacramento in November and spent some halves on food in downtown Sac and spent $20 in halves in Davis for gas. I remember I had some marked ones on the lot when I got the gas. Otherwise it's interesting where they go. I went to school in Davis for a while and did CRH with 1 box per week around 2003. I was the only person doing that back then. I marked them the same way back then as I've always have. The local order bank was really cool with me ordering and dumping back to them because the local movie theatre ordered a box of halves too. The bank just gave the theatre my dump box. It was a cool arrangement. I prevented a some keepers from falling into the wrong hands. However silver was $5.00/oz back then so I didn't get much for the 40%ers I gathered. I remember even selling rolls of 20 40%ers for like $14.00 to people on Ebay because the local dealer would only give $.55 cents per coin. $4.00 meant extra top ramen and canned chilli to a starving college kid. I did keep all the 90%ers I had because those were worth $2.00 each at the time.

I also remember a roll of 2001-D halves new went for like $30-40 on Feebay back then in 2002-2003 era. That's when they were fairly new so people wanted them. Now, when I get a box of them, I feel bad I have to dump them.

But now, I like marking the clad halves with dates so it keeps better track of where they end up. All the ones marked are all beat up so there's no collector value to them anyhow. Petty much all banks out of my usual areas are dump banks anyhow. I'm sure it's the same with everyone else.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread