Awesome Boy Scout Camp Hunt

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone,

Today I had the pleasure of attending a club hunt at a local Boy Scout camp. The food, company and finds were wonderful. I managed to recover 106 coins (1 Mercury dime, 5 toasted wheat cents, $ 4 Q, $2.40 D, .15 N and 57 cents for a total of $ 7.17-face value) and some usual Boy Scout camp finds.

Thank you for looking.

GL & HH

Doc

Boyscout1.jpg

Group shot

Boyscout2.jpg

Slide, bullets, key...etc.

Boyscout3.jpg

1923 Mercury dime, 5 wheat cents and game token

Boyscout4.jpg

Clad Quarters, dimes and Nickels

Boyscout5.jpg

Cents

Boyscout6.jpg

Large silver plated spoon

Upvote 33

srcdco

Dec 11, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Nox-800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had the good fortune to be the only one allowed to hunt a local Scout camp. Some things I learned over the years are to talk to people that went there 50 or more years ago. Sites change and move. The camp I've hunted has had three sites close or move and the area where the sites originally were had a lot of good stuff, but you'd never know because it is all now just woods. Also, hunt the wooded areas adjacent to the sites and if sites are close together, the woods between them will be loaded with stuff as the Scouts traveled between sites that way.
The camp I've hunted was opened in 1939 and I've found nearly $50 in face value of silver coins. I'm sure there are a few more still there, but they are much harder to find now. I've found areas that were loaded with coins and no one, not even the old-timers, know why.

Good luck, and have fun!

Scott

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are 2 old Boy Scout camps close to me, can’t get to one as the land is closed , the other I have made some great finds. Congrats !!!

OP
OP
Professor of Engineering
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Srcdco,

Thank you for the valuable information! :occasion14:

Regards,

Doc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread