Awesome find at a random bank today!!! _*~_*~_*~_*~PICTURES_*~_*~_*~_*~

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, I was out of my area earlier today and decided why not hit a few banks?
Here's the totals for a 3-mile streach of road with 6 banks on it,

Bank 1: denied, had no account.
Bank 2: denied, had no account(same bank as bank #1)
Bank 3: had no half dollars and could not spare any boxes of coin.
Bank 4: denied, had no account.
Bank 5: $30 in CWR halves, skunk.
Bank 6: no halves, but the teller told me she had an old foreign coin and i could buy it for $1... she hands me a 1925-p SILVER PEACE DOLLAR! my first ever real silver dollar in circulation... gotta love them clueless tellers, this is the find of the week for sure!
HH
Buff

IMG_0001.jpg IMG_0002.jpg

Upvote 0

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

rex

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I've never really understood why banks deny simple things like selling CWRs and such to non-customers, I can understand something like cashing checks that aren't drawn on that bank, but shouldn't banks focus on providing great customer service -before- people are customers so they will choose that bank when they need a bank?

I mean, there's no possibility for loss in doing it and the worst you can do is gain a new customer.
i went to a credit union a couple of weeks ago and asked for half dollars. they denied me because i was not a member. so in the next town, i stopped at another branch of the same credit union. they didn't even ask if i was a member and sold me all the halves they had. go figure.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Great score, Buffaloboy. That's a winner! All the best to you.
"It's out there for sure.....keep hunting"
rileyboy

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
That IS and awesome score! Congrats on the find Buff!

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find,I hope you left her your number incase she finds anymore foreign coins.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for all the replies, I am still amazed I got the silver dollar!
HH
Buff

Ground Inspector

Feb 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
18" Excelerator Coil
Minelab CTX 3030
06 Smart Coil
17 Smart Coil
Garret Propointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's awesome!

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, I've never really understood why banks deny simple things like selling CWRs and such to non-customers, I can understand something like cashing checks that aren't drawn on that bank, but shouldn't banks focus on providing great customer service -before- people are customers so they will choose that bank when they need a bank?
"

When I drop by a random bank searching for halves, I have started to ask for 3 or 4 dollars in cents. Kind of a warm up for halves. Today a teller asked if I was a customer. I said, "yes" then she rephrased and asked if I had an account. I said, "no". She said she could only sell coins to people with accounts. I just said, You mean this bank can not spare 3 dollars in cents?" :icon_scratch: and I then walked out.

Dad and Tanner

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good play on words there...
glad to see your back up and posting!!
HH
Buff
"

When I drop by a random bank searching for halves, I have started to ask for 3 or 4 dollars in cents. Kind of a warm up for halves. Today a teller asked if I was a customer. I said, "yes" then she rephrased and asked if I had an account. I said, "no". She said she could only sell coins to people with accounts. I just said, You mean this bank can not spare 3 dollars in cents?" :icon_scratch: and I then walked out.

Dad and Tanner

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread