Awesome finds! Let the tellers work for you!

jun808bug

Feb 11, 2014
I get a call this morning from a bank I haven't visited for a while. A teller calls and says someone turned in $42.50 in "silver" half dollars and she was wondering if I was still collecting them. Whoa! I told her to please hold them for me. I'll be in your bank soon! Bought a bunch of snacks for the tellers before going to the bank. I get there, and the teller has loose halves with some Franklins showing. Teller tells me that the coins came from a customer's relatives house they were cleaning out. I asked if the customer turned in any other "old" coins. Teller says yes. Some were rolled & most of them were all loose in a bag. The bank sent them out yesterday to be verified. The teller tells me the bag had all kinds of denominations of coins she never seen before. I took all CWR in all denominations. Two of the CWR pennies looked really old. Inside, the oldest one was a '58 wheatie. Only wheat in the bunch. '72 was the latest. Halves produced 17 90%. Quarters had 1 and 1 rosie.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434016439.056068.jpg
Went to another bank that I never visited for a while and asked for CWR dimes and if they had any other denominations that has really old wrappers. Teller says "NO" but she did get in old silver certificates. Teller says "I was waiting for you to come around. Do you wanna look at them?". Whoa! Took them all! $119 worth. 70 $1 silver certificates. Red seal $2 & $5's teller says "I'll call you if anything else old comes in"
Awesome day!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434016743.030464.jpg

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
damn too bad you did not get there before they shipped out the stuff for verifaction

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Man, I'm convinced you live in the absolute best place on Earth for coin roll hunting.

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep hoping to find some silver certificate bills, but I guess it makes sense that I haven't because I really haven't planted those seeds with tellers. Nice strategy, and nice finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread