maceman66

Mar 29, 2009
SE Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, i got back into the "awesome yard" again yesterday and i didnt get it all covered yet, i went back over the area i worked on monday and then started to do the other side of the property and have only gotten maybe a quarter of the way done!! Heres the haul, A 1944 merc, a 1899 indian, 10 wheat pennies. I also found a sons of union war veterans medal, which dates back to 1881,(Thanks to the what is it forum for the quick answer!!) an aluminum clothes pin which is kinda different, an aluminum tag of some sort, i believe its a return if lost kind of key ring tag issued by the local bank with the owners id number on it. I also found a small button and a silver plated spoon. I found a token(not pictured) but i am still cleaning it and will post pictures when its cleaned up!! Between old coins and clad i have dug 117 coins out of this yard so far!!

Attachments

• badgefrnt.JPG
    badgefrnt.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 686
  • oct20th09.JPG
    oct20th09.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 679
  • badgefrnt.JPG
    badgefrnt.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 675
Upvote 0

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Nice Medal I bet that yard is a lot of fun to search!!!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Recently, I was asked to find some grave markers in an old cemetery and came across a similar item; not a badge, but a marker. I'd love to have more information about it; with knowledge, we may be able to return it to the proper grave.

Attachments

• svmarker (Small).jpg
    svmarker (Small).jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 667

FortBedfordbob

Dec 25, 2007
Bedford Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, GPX 5000
Neat Medal or is it a Badge ? I like how they put the cannons on it. Sounds like you got into a good place. Have Fun, Bob

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds! That Sons of Union Veterans medal is a nice find too. Seems more folks have heard about the SCV than the SUV.

Cheers,

Buckles

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds there congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread