buffalo herd, odds and ends

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
We are finally going to get some of our old gravel road paved. They are making one of the 90 degree turns a little less severe. Where the road will be going used to be an old house. They have filled in the old cistern. Wish I could have gone down in there before they filled it in. I'm sure there were some old bottles and who knows what else. We will never know now, soon it will be paved over with asphalt.

DSC00889.jpg

DSC00888.jpg

I was able to do a little detecting around the area and found a few things.
Found three buffs and fortunately was able to read the dates, although barely. 1917, 1928, 1935.

DSC00894.jpg

DSC00896.jpg

Found this, may be a button, anyway RR related for sure...

DSC00897.jpg

And lastly my favorite find was an eyeball find, partially obscured under the track of the grader, and amazingly unbroken. I have never seen an insulator like this little beauty.

DSC00893.jpg

DSC00892.jpg

No treasure, but a lot of fun. And it kept me out of trouble. :wink:

HH,
BW

Upvote 0

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
Yeah what cjh ron said hit it hard its a great that you foud those bison . Love to see pic of insulator wtg rob :coffee2:

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
sorry now I see the Insulator. loks like some kind that farmers around hear used on cow fences in the 50s-70s :dontknow:nice stuff

OP
OP
bravowhiskey

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Just got a positive ID on insulator over on "what is it?" It is called a radio strain insulator. I sure had never seen one b4. Learn something every day.

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions