AZ members check in

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all you AZ members of Treasure Net.

Here is a thread designed for one thing... Checking in and getting out with fellow AZ members. I see that there are a few AZ members who have gotten together and had some fun prospecting. I am kinda jealous. I, and hopefully other members from AZ also, would like to get to know our peers in person. See who like to shovel, and who like to watch shoveling happen... J/K.

I see some members are passing through the area I live in and I would love to get involved.

I will start it off. I live in Glendale, and don't have a truck. ( I have a company truck, but that is a big no-no) I have a drywasher, and a MD. I have my daughter every other weekend, and have the FEVER. I have a membership with Roadrunners. We have claims at Rich Hill, near Vulture Mine, and near Old Woman Gulch outside of Morristown. Anybody wants to set up a day of digging, let me know. I will be waiting at the end of the drive with too much equipment....

Upvote 0

AbTexEx

Nov 27, 2008
America's Dairyland
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yall take care

TheBirds.jpg

AJones

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice pic of message. I hope that's not around my holes I'm working. Lol. That's ok though. They've got two more weeks. Unless I head up early. The problem I have is schedule. It seems everytime I plan something for the days I'm open. Somebody calls me to either draft something or fix a pool problem. Lol. I like the extra money, but I'd rather be digging and sluicing or even detecting.

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well all. Greaterville trip is coming up. I'll be meeting Jeff up there Monday evening, unless I'm going to get too late a start. I'd hate to take a wrong turn up there. Lol.
So staying till Wednesday. If others want to come along I'd be happy to lead the way. If not this trip. I'll be heading back towards Stanton two weeks from now. Unless I go next week.
I do have another spot I want to hit, but it's sure hard to go elsewhere when I know a good location. Plus others were working the spot, so I'm going to really tackle that area while the visitors are gone.
PM me if interested on going out. My trip days will be Thursday/Friday. Doing pools weekly now so weekends will be out till it cools down again. It's bittersweet. More money and work, less prospecting time. Ughhhhh!!!

I wish everyone good luck on that Greaterville trip. There was definitely some kind of operation going on the flat part next to the main wash where I found the old rusted file. You can look there and tell by all the pieces of corrugated metal and rusted flat bars that something was going on there. And it is right down the hill from the foundation.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually got three specks out of the wash. Tried other spots and went to bedrock. Zip.

It's a good hike up that hill. Loose gravel and fairly steep at spots. Definitely an area where you'd have to watch out for your step. I haven't pulled up the history yet. I believe that it's 40 acres. Then there's only one road I know of to get back there. I was thinking about doing a camp out. Especially since it's so rugged. As far as minerals. I'd bet it'd be a better copper area than gold. But gold does hang around copper as a byproduct. I did find some quartz but very little. Then of course I only checked the west portion. Still got more to go. Besides the scenery is awesome. I love the area. Gold would be a side perk. Though it's my main goal.

Well the fact that you found something is good...however .I'm thinking that the main wash is not the best spot to hunt there. I don't like big washes with way too much overburden to deal with. Finding that gold streak could only be a tiny spot in a massive area and its a total stab in the dark. I plan on testing the smaller ravines and the mineralized area. If anyone wants to hit the claim from the s/e access I have found let me know I will Prob be back out there next time I have a good day off.

Tophunt

Greenie
Dec 4, 2013
Mesa,AZ
Detector(s) used
Old beat up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, what's everybody up to? Been quiet around here. How was the trip down south? I went to the Roadrunner Club coin shoot last Saturday near Rill Hill. Met some nice people.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My buddy found about a 2 gram nugget. I'm still sitting on dirt from a bench I worked. I did get some specks and some pickers. Just haven't taken a pic yet. I need to get this done. Then I'll head back up to Stanton. Got a lesson on detecting that just might prove priceless. Want that first nug and I'm going to get it this month. Lol.
I would like to head up around pleasant or possibly hit around Wickenburg. So if anybody could go out Thursday or Friday, I'd be game. Need to do some serious detecting.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually Garrett is weighed in at 1.26 grams. Sure I'd have liked it to be 2 grams but I'm not going to whine. After all... It's my first nugget find with the MineLab.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good for you. Any pics? Did you find it on your claim?

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well. I was trying to give you a heavier nugget. Remember when I said I had my scale there. Then I couldn't find it. It was in the truck, in the pouch of my seat. Oh well.
That was a great find. Next time I go there. I'll show ya something about detecting. It was put in my head again today and it's really only something I can show ya. So we need to get together again. Hopefully I'll get this dirt run this week. I know it's been sitting there calling my name.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I posted a picture of it over on my "School's back in" thread Kaz. It's not the greatest pic because it was taken with my POS phone camera.

It was found in an area that Robi and I has gone over with Keiths vacuum the day before. how it avoided getting picked up I have no idea. There was NOTHING else around it on the bedrock. No sand. dirt, gravel nada. Maybe it fell out when I wa clearing out the nozzle of the vac?

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out with TopHunt today. Did some dredging and drywashing. Did better drywashing than dredging. Only a little better. I wasn't able to pan out all the black sands at the riverside. ( For Doc, your mats catch NOTHING BUT THE HEAVIES) I have only run a few tablespoons of the BS through the table, but there are over 15 TINY pieces per tablespoon. Anyways, we did better drywashing at the end of the day. Nice little canyon, some water to slog through and dredge. The only thing missing besides the Swedish Bikini Team was ounces of gold.

coyotegal

Greenie
Dec 6, 2013
Copper Corridor, Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey all! Another AZ rockhound here...just recently got into the gold panning fun. My boyfriend and I are looking for a club to join. We live in the copper corridor, ne of the Valley. We've been checking out various sites locally, just stuff the old guys at the corner convienience store told us about.. Found a place with a lot of flour gold... too bad it's so hard to recover... anyways, ya all be safe out there and good luck with your quest!

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first gold. If it is your first.

Me and my wife have been hitting areas around here by Superior, and Queen valley,but nothing yet.
I am going to join the GPAA in 2 weeks.
I was told by a person that the club in Apache Junction is ok, but not really worth the money.
But for $25 it might be ok.
There located at Promachk on the trail in AJ.

Last edited:

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anybody want to go detecting this week? Wednesday I'll be up by payson. But I think either Thursday or Friday I'm going to head towards Wickenburg. Still need to get back towards Stanton but I've still got to finish my hopper. Damn this pain. Made me lazy for a bit. So I need to get motivated. I'll be going to another weaver club claim. Unless I go by lake pleasant.

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a new blower to run my dry washer and am putting a Viper-Vac together to go with it. Progress is slow on the Viper-Vac, but I am trying to get everything right and not drill any holes that are not needed. I am thrilled at the possibility of being equipped to take on bedrock again!

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anybody want to go detecting this week? Wednesday I'll be up by payson. But I think either Thursday or Friday I'm going to head towards Wickenburg. Still need to get back towards Stanton but I've still got to finish my hopper. Damn this pain. Made me lazy for a bit. So I need to get motivated. I'll be going to another weaver club claim. Unless I go by lake pleasant.

I just saw yesterday that we have some claims north of pleasant. Do you do any good out in that area? Are you working open ground? Or a club claim?

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am going to join the GPAA in 2 weeks.
I was told by a person that the club in Apache Junction is ok, but not really worth the money.
But for $25 it might be ok.
There located at Promachk on the trail in AJ.

I would wait on joining GPAA as you will get the 2012 book and will not get the 2014 book. The new book will be out in a few months. If you join now you will need to get a two year membership to get the 2014 book.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to be camping for a few days south of prescott near Goldwater lake next month...anyone know of any good spots in that area? I know of the groom creek district that has been pretty good but most of its private.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread