AZ members check in

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all you AZ members of Treasure Net.

Here is a thread designed for one thing... Checking in and getting out with fellow AZ members. I see that there are a few AZ members who have gotten together and had some fun prospecting. I am kinda jealous. I, and hopefully other members from AZ also, would like to get to know our peers in person. See who like to shovel, and who like to watch shoveling happen... J/K.

I see some members are passing through the area I live in and I would love to get involved.

I will start it off. I live in Glendale, and don't have a truck. ( I have a company truck, but that is a big no-no) I have a drywasher, and a MD. I have my daughter every other weekend, and have the FEVER. I have a membership with Roadrunners. We have claims at Rich Hill, near Vulture Mine, and near Old Woman Gulch outside of Morristown. Anybody wants to set up a day of digging, let me know. I will be waiting at the end of the drive with too much equipment....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have heard that the locals do some. The last one I sold, a guy picked up to take down to his father in mexico. Other than that, me not know. I would only take a cheapie with. Pick up a 100$ machine to go there with. You might be able to double your money on it before you leave. Someone gets interested, tell them you will sell it to them when you leave.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any of you guys familiar with the groom creek area south of prescott??? Renting a cabin that's surrounded by old mines but in not finding any info in minedat...might have to look into lr2000.

SLNugget

Sep 25, 2013
Morristown, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Any of you guys familiar with the groom creek area south of prescott??? Renting a cabin that's surrounded by old mines but in not finding any info in minedat...might have to look into lr2000.

Some of that may patented and private. Go to AZLand.gov to check it. Click on Land Parcels.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of that may patented and private. Go to AZLand.gov to check it. Click on Land Parcels.

Ya I will do the research. If anyone is gonna be on the hunt near prescott this weekend pm me...unfortunately I seem to be the only one in my family that likes to hunt for gold.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Guys! I'm going to be out at the claim from the 17th until the 25th if anyone wants to come on down and do some digging. Going to be hot this weekend but cooling off towards mid-week or so. Bring plenty of water if you're going to run a recirc system. This is most likely going to be the last long duration trip out there until after the monsoons are over for the year. I might make a few day/weekend trips out depending on weather but I'd rather not be turned into a lightning rod if ya know what I mean.

GreyGhost

Feb 14, 2010
AZ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone from here plan on doing any metal detecting down in Greaterville?
I was looking to get a few pointers from some of the old hands down in that area. I usually take my 4800 there on the weekends but haven't had any luck finding anything yet.
Would love to talk to somebody that's spent more time there and knows the area better.
I've got the Footprints DVD but need to track down a Windows computer to install it on (I've got a Mac). I've read the mining bulletins too and I try to grab any books I can find that have any info on the area as well.
Please post on here or shoot me a message if interested.
Thanks in advance. :icon_thumright:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone from here plan on doing any metal detecting down in Greaterville?
I was looking to get a few pointers from some of the old hands down in that area. I usually take my 4800 there on the weekends but haven't had any luck finding anything yet.
Would love to talk to somebody that's spent more time there and knows the area better.
I've got the Footprints DVD but need to track down a Windows computer to install it on (I've got a Mac). I've read the mining bulletins too and I try to grab any books I can find that have any info on the area as well.
Please post on here or shoot me a message if interested.
Thanks in advance. :icon_thumright:

Chris I am still healing up from shoulder replacement surgery and now having knee surgery. I hope to be out soon with the trommel but it will not be in Greaterville as I will be heading down south to Arivaca. I can't wait for the monsoon to hit and start water flowing and water being trapped so that I can run the trommel without recirculating.

GreyGhost

Feb 14, 2010
AZ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chris I am still healing up from shoulder replacement surgery and now having knee surgery. I hope to be out soon with the trommel but it will not be in Greaterville as I will be heading down south to Arivaca. I can't wait for the monsoon to hit and start water flowing and water being trapped so that I can run the trommel without recirculating.

Hope you have a speedy recovery. Would like to see the trommel in action sometime, looks like a really cool machine.

Arachnofreak

Nov 16, 2012
Prescott Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all,

I am in Prescott AZ and usually hit rose creek or lynx. I have been doing ok so far but I was curios about whether or not it is worth it to join the GPAA when there is so much land that is open to the public within 20 miles of my house. Anybody have any thoughts on that?

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have personally yet to find a GPAA claim in the area that I would say is great but others have pretty good luck on some of them...most of them have been worked over so much.

I love the Prescott area but so much of what I wanted to hunt is on private land..but the area is so vast and loaded with mines I would say with a little hunting you could find some decent open ground....I spent the better part of the weekend exploring all the mines on the upper lynx and hassayampa...didn't get much gold but since it was a family weekend I could only get a few hrs in.

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all, I am in Prescott AZ and usually hit rose creek or lynx. I have been doing ok so far but I was curios about whether or not it is worth it to join the GPAA when there is so much land that is open to the public within 20 miles of my house. Anybody have any thoughts on that?

Here's the way I look at it… here in AZ we've got hundreds of thousands of acres of free unclaimed gold bearing (many of it still virgin) terrain to explore and exploit. Why limit yourself to the tourist traps?

SLNugget

Sep 25, 2013
Morristown, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's the way I look at it… here in AZ we've got hundreds of thousands of acres of free unclaimed gold bearing (many of it still virgin) terrain to explore and exploit. Why limit yourself to the tourist traps?

I agree that most of the "tourist" spots have been worked to death and probably only crumbs are left for the most part. But there is the old saying "look for gold where gold has been found before". Without extensive knowledge and experience today's small scale miner is unlikely to discover valuable mineral deposits outside known gold districts. IMO the easy pickings have been picked. By using modern technology there is a lot of gold left to be recovered that was missed in the old days. I do agree you really have to get off the beaten path to find quantity and quality. Hiking or ATVing into remote sections of known gold bearing country will pay dividends. Learning the geology of your area of interest is critical to success IMO. And you cannot sample too much.

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone going out to goldenIrishman's claim from the Mesa area who can take me along please let me know. I need room to take my ,gas, and vacuum, and my tent, pack, and sleeping bag.

Last edited:

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hiking or ATVing into remote sections of known gold bearing country will pay dividends. Learning the geology of your area of interest is critical to success IMO. And you cannot sample too much.

That's the plan Stan. :headbang:

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree that most of the "tourist" spots have been worked to death and probably only crumbs are left for the most part. But there is the old saying "look for gold where gold has been found before". Without extensive knowledge and experience today's small scale miner is unlikely to discover valuable mineral deposits outside known gold districts. IMO the easy pickings have been picked. By using modern technology there is a lot of gold left to be recovered that was missed in the old days. I do agree you really have to get off the beaten path to find quantity and quality. Hiking or ATVing into remote sections of known gold bearing country will pay dividends. Learning the geology of your area of interest is critical to success IMO. And you cannot sample too much.

Yep lots and lots of sampling and above all patience.

wtetro

Jan 6, 2013
Aridzona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey all, my name is Will I just moved down from northern Utah. I've been digging for 4 years now. I've already been out once here in AZ, and I have to say that it is nice not having to look hard in your pan to see the flakes. Gold in Utah is ultra fine flour. Anyhow, thought I would introduce myself and I hope to see ya'll out one of these days.

SLNugget

Sep 25, 2013
Morristown, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey all, my name is Will I just moved down from northern Utah. I've been digging for 4 years now. I've already been out once here in AZ, and I have to say that it is nice not having to look hard in your pan to see the flakes. Gold in Utah is ultra fine flour. Anyhow, thought I would introduce myself and I hope to see ya'll out one of these days.

Welcome to AZ. Good luck with your prospecting.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Hi Will, welcome to Arizona and to T Net. Rather rough on the body our in this heat. Good luck...

wtetro

Jan 6, 2013
Aridzona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks all. The heat doesn't bother me, I've been places hotter and far more miserable. I'll just have to change tactics a little and work more at night digging and run cons during the day when I'm out in this heat, or just take the cons home and process there. Arizona presents an interesting challenge with the lack of water, and I can't wait to get out and do more diggin'.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread