AZ members check in

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all you AZ members of Treasure Net.

Here is a thread designed for one thing... Checking in and getting out with fellow AZ members. I see that there are a few AZ members who have gotten together and had some fun prospecting. I am kinda jealous. I, and hopefully other members from AZ also, would like to get to know our peers in person. See who like to shovel, and who like to watch shoveling happen... J/K.

I see some members are passing through the area I live in and I would love to get involved.

I will start it off. I live in Glendale, and don't have a truck. ( I have a company truck, but that is a big no-no) I have a drywasher, and a MD. I have my daughter every other weekend, and have the FEVER. I have a membership with Roadrunners. We have claims at Rich Hill, near Vulture Mine, and near Old Woman Gulch outside of Morristown. Anybody wants to set up a day of digging, let me know. I will be waiting at the end of the drive with too much equipment....

Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Kaz! That X-Terra 705 is a good little unit and I'm in the market for one. Was it the gold pack or the normal one? I was using the gold pack version and I liked the feel and the controls on it. That was the detector I was using when I found the St. Patricks' Day nugget down in Greaterville and I'd like another one. Do you remember the price they were asking fr it by chance?

TokyoTerror

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2006
N. Phx AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab SovGT Pro
Minelab Eureka Gold
Recirculating Sluice
Dry Washer
Spiral Gold Panner
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L4M

Hi all, I'm going to try to not make this sound like a "personal's" ad. I'm looking for a treasure hunting buddy or two (or 10). I live in North Phoenix. I'm free most weekends and to some extent during the week. I have an 8 year old daughter that will be tagging along most of the time. I have a Nissan Xterra, but alas, she's only a 2 wheel drive. Most dirt roads shouldn't be a problem though. (Ashamed to admit that I haven't really gotten her dirty yet) I'm not new here, been a member since '06, but never really done anything with it. I'm tired of not going out because of a lack of any one to go with. I have a bunch of equipment that I have had for many years, but I've never really used them so...I don't really know how to use them. I have a lot to learn. I have been a member of Road Runner years ago and last year I had a membership to the Weaver Mining Group. I've had a little color in my pans from time to time. I love the thrill of the hunt. I've found small opals in NV. I've found arrowheads, pottery sherds and mano stone. (The In-Laws have land up north). I've hiked to the face in the cliff in the Superstitions. I dig rock hounding too. As you can see I've dabbled a lot, but I think its high time to get a little more serious.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well if you want to drive up to the Kingman area you're more than welcome to join us. I know it's a drive but you didn't put a maximum distance.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A few suggestions:

Join an active club like Superstition Mountain Treasure Hunters (friendly group with good claims) or the PGPAA. Weaver is essentially non existent since they lost virtually all their claims this year, they don't do outings or instruction anyway, as I'm sure you already discovered.

Bill Southern is throwing his annual Spring Nugget Shooter Outing Friday March 18th to Sunday March 20th at Jackass Flats in the San Domingo Placer District. That's right up the road from you and the price is free. It's a potluck with good grub and daytime is dedicated to prospecting. You could probably hook up with several other prospectors there. Children and dogs are welcome and there are always a few newbies.

Heavy Pans

Slow pan

Greenie
Dec 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Phoenix Gpaa is a great club for your location. Most weekend someone is headed out

TokyoTerror

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2006
N. Phx AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab SovGT Pro
Minelab Eureka Gold
Recirculating Sluice
Dry Washer
Spiral Gold Panner
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good info, thx guys. Had no idea about Weaver. What happened to their claims, did anyone pick them up?

Slow pan

Greenie
Dec 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in north Phoenix usually did on weekends not a pro. But willing to dig out there with you

TokyoTerror

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2006
N. Phx AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab SovGT Pro
Minelab Eureka Gold
Recirculating Sluice
Dry Washer
Spiral Gold Panner
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Slow, I'll take you up on that offer. I can only committo a day trip. If you have detector we could try some nugget shooting or justfill some buckets to bring home. I’m free the weekend of the 27[SUP]th[/SUP]and 28[SUP]th[/SUP]. What do you say?

Slow pan

Greenie
Dec 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't detect but would would not mind watching. And by all means on grabbing a couple buckets. I should be free that sat. We can pick a spot to meet once it gets closer. Set it up on here not to hip on posting phone numbers

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Slow P, going to be at the meeting wednesday.

Slow pan

Greenie
Dec 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody else going out to Morristown that day. Sounds like a possible time to meet some new faces

TokyoTerror

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2006
N. Phx AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab SovGT Pro
Minelab Eureka Gold
Recirculating Sluice
Dry Washer
Spiral Gold Panner
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good Slow, Sat the 27[SUP]th[/SUP]. I have plans later that evening, so I will need to be back around 4. I’ll followyour lead on an area to go. I’m not planning on joining a club any time soon. Youcan prospect on BLM, right? Just as long no one has a claim where you are?

Slow pan

Greenie
Dec 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not 100% sure on all the legals so I will hold on answer. I know there is a couple catch alls that you have to follow to be legal.I am a member of some clubs so we are covered

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is there any water pools or a small section around the Bradshaws, Lake Pleasant area to run a dredge on roadrunner or Gpaa claims.
My son just bought a used 4 inch Keene dredge. Just want to set up and practice.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Week ends any time starting after next saturday, gold show day.
Now I have just read that we need permission from army corp of engineers, a POI, and no larger than 3 inch.
Is the 3 inch nozzle or hose size.

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One last Brawn mini-ez clean sluice at cabel's for $20. They seem to be dropping the sluices and highbankers. There were only 3 other large boxes.

300x300.png

[edit]Same price on the webpage.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread