AZ members check in

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all you AZ members of Treasure Net.

Here is a thread designed for one thing... Checking in and getting out with fellow AZ members. I see that there are a few AZ members who have gotten together and had some fun prospecting. I am kinda jealous. I, and hopefully other members from AZ also, would like to get to know our peers in person. See who like to shovel, and who like to watch shoveling happen... J/K.

I see some members are passing through the area I live in and I would love to get involved.

I will start it off. I live in Glendale, and don't have a truck. ( I have a company truck, but that is a big no-no) I have a drywasher, and a MD. I have my daughter every other weekend, and have the FEVER. I have a membership with Roadrunners. We have claims at Rich Hill, near Vulture Mine, and near Old Woman Gulch outside of Morristown. Anybody wants to set up a day of digging, let me know. I will be waiting at the end of the drive with too much equipment....

Upvote 0

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There are four points on that one side. I am waiting for a warm up to go out and run the 3 buckets you left here through the drywasher. If you want, I can come and pick up some more dirt and run it here. I did not take more dirt when you dropped me off because I just wanted to make it into the house to throw down my sleeping bag and go to bed. I lost 4 pounds this weekend. I just need to go out with you ten more times and I will have lost 40!

I have also been thinking of building a scaled up version of my drywasher to take places like the Weaver claim where I will not be backpacking it in. A normal gas blower really does a good job on the riffle section of mine and I am confident I could scale it up and it would still work properly.

I think I will put up my cast iron Wisconsin engine up for trade to try and get a gas blower vac. I had it running a washing machine water pump through a home made foot valve to get water to my home made high banker. It worked great, but damn that engine is a heavy beast. Originally it turned a generator and charged RV batteries.

Last edited:

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Justbent finished my super sluice. Man he did a good job. Now I've got to plumb it and start running. Of course I need to pick it up first.
Don't know if this will work but here's a link to video he sent me
First time attaching video link. Hope this works.

Attachments

• image-2231871787.jpg
    image-2231871787.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 79
  • image-4284838573.jpg
    image-4284838573.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 79
OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That thing is just begging to be put to work.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Justbent finished the super sluice. Can't wait to plum it and then start running it.
Hope this works. First time trying to link a video

If this don't work here's a couple pics.

Attachments

• image-3727589344.jpg
    image-3727589344.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 77
  • image-4142078818.jpg
    image-4142078818.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 81

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow it posted after it said it failed. Well it's worth looking at twice.
Thx justbent (Jay)

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Maybe I'll make it as a W or a Y. Lol. I'm hoping to be able to do a ball valve off the lower spray and then put an 1/8" Bibb and hose. Then from valve goes the pipes to the hopper. I think Monday I'll go and get it if he's able to be at the shop.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow! You are really moving up in the prospecting world Garret! Nice job Just Bent. :thumbsup:

Moving up. Next will be a dc9. Lol. I'll borrow a big screen to dump through and just start dumping in the dirt. Lol.

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
13 gallons of dirt

Here is the first run through the drywasher.

Attachments

• 13 gallons of dirt 1.jpg
    13 gallons of dirt 1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 13 gallons of dirt 1a.jpg
    13 gallons of dirt 1a.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 83
OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Little chunkys!

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out yesterday. Tried out my little toy highbanker. Actually, my daughter tried it out. I just fed her dirt. I like that it is so simple a child can operate it. I spent a good part of the day packing dirt for the house. That way, next time I get the urge to dig, it's done. Just fire up the recirc next to the house, and go at it. Hard to fight the urge to not go out there right now in the dark and start feeding material..... I am sure you can all relate.

Tophunt

Greenie
Dec 4, 2013
Mesa,AZ
Detector(s) used
Old beat up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can relate, got my Roadrunner stuff yesterday, can't wait for the weekend so I can try out my highbanker .It was great having cons to run in the garage, but I'm out. How much water did you use while you where out there?

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is the first run through the drywasher.
Nice. Was that all 15 gallons?
I just ran through 5 gal bucket today.
Weighed out the total from 59 gals we ran out in the field. 4 gn total.
The 5 I ran today was just to kill time. I'm going to get the sluice tomorrow. As long as Jay is available. Then hopefully run through the dirt I've got. Time willing. I'll call ya tomorrow as well. If you're not busy maybe we could run through it together. Or you could take more home. Called James to see if he wanted to run some dirt.

Attachments

• image-963151000.jpg
    image-963151000.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 81
OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can relate, got my Roadrunner stuff yesterday, can't wait for the weekend so I can try out my highbanker .It was great having cons to run in the garage, but I'm out. How much water did you use while you where out there?

About 45 ish gallons. My tote holds 15 and I filled it twice, with some loss added as well.

Tophunt

Greenie
Dec 4, 2013
Mesa,AZ
Detector(s) used
Old beat up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's kinda what I thought, I'm going to need to get more totes,buckets. Thanks

SLNugget

Sep 25, 2013
Morristown, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's kinda what I thought, I'm going to need to get more totes,buckets. Thanks

The 15 gallon barrels work well for hauling water. A bit heavy to lift out of the pu bed but not a killer just to go to the ground. I need to acquire a couple more myself. You can also use a 12v pump and hose to empty them in the field.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The 15 gallon barrels work well for hauling water. A bit heavy to lift out of the pu bed but not a killer just to go to the ground. I need to acquire a couple more myself. You can also use a 12v pump and hose to empty them in the field.

I've. Even found a pump you hook up to a drill and pump it out that way. Oh these toys we accumulate.
I need to find a rental that has a nice storage area just for me and my mining stuff. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread