AZ members check in

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all you AZ members of Treasure Net.

Here is a thread designed for one thing... Checking in and getting out with fellow AZ members. I see that there are a few AZ members who have gotten together and had some fun prospecting. I am kinda jealous. I, and hopefully other members from AZ also, would like to get to know our peers in person. See who like to shovel, and who like to watch shoveling happen... J/K.

I see some members are passing through the area I live in and I would love to get involved.

I will start it off. I live in Glendale, and don't have a truck. ( I have a company truck, but that is a big no-no) I have a drywasher, and a MD. I have my daughter every other weekend, and have the FEVER. I have a membership with Roadrunners. We have claims at Rich Hill, near Vulture Mine, and near Old Woman Gulch outside of Morristown. Anybody wants to set up a day of digging, let me know. I will be waiting at the end of the drive with too much equipment....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, got out with Top Hunt today. He is a really good guy. We had some fun, shovelled like crazy and didn't get as much gold as we wanted, but we got gold. He hasn't panned all his concentrates yet, but I got a nice little wire piece that looks like an elongated mouse turd. I will get a pic up if my take in a day or so. High was about 75, little bit of cloud cover in the afternoon. Threw a little snake up on the drywasher, only animal we found all day.

CochiseAZ

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2014
Sierra Vista
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dtex.jpg Hey All....I am new to the forum, just unpacked my antique MD that I bought in 1978 D-Tex CK-20. I can't believe it works like new, it must be a collector's item by now. :) I did get a good deal on a Fisher F70 so I went for it. I am in Sierra Vista, at Ft. Huachuca. I am retired from the Army and was stationed here in 1977 when no one cared if you used your MD there. Now I am just looking for likely spots where I can practice and get used to my new F70....somewhere where I won't get shot. I did get permission to hunt an old school house which was built in 1912 and still stands today.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome to the forum. I have an older Garret Groundhog from the same era.
I still use it. But also have a Whites Goldmaster.

Tophunt

Greenie
Dec 4, 2013
Mesa,AZ
Detector(s) used
Old beat up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Kazcoro, Thanks for taking me out. I had a great time, looking forward to doing it again. since I'm semi-retired, I have more time to play! I'm still panning out the cons, I need to get some classifiers.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey guys

I'm taking elgatonoche out to the Outback #4 claim on Friday. Anybody else like to come along and check out the Superstition Mountains east of peralta. Farther in the canyon I found a wall in the saddle. Question is: what ranchers built it or could it be old military site. I didn't take pics of that but here are a couple of the canyon. Plus a pic of a rock with a mineral I don't know what it is.
If anybody wants to go PM me.

Attachments

• image-3280508311.jpg
    image-3280508311.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 84
  • image-2153485654.jpg
    image-2153485654.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 93
  • image-145556239.jpg
    image-145556239.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 96
  • image-3090290206.jpg
    image-3090290206.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 94

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I forgot that pic of the hand holding those rocks. It's supposedly gold ore on CL for $3/lb. this guy has no limits on how much you could buy. I was wondering if others have seen this add and of its authentic.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well me, elgatonoche, and Au & Trails went out to the outback claim on Friday. We tried sluicing several spots and of course dug many test holes and a trench or two down in a wash below the claim. Only a couple specs of color. However, I found some really good spots to dig on the claim. At least in appearance. I didn't take any tools for testing or detecting. The hike was mainly to find the corners of the claim. Man it was rough, but found some good areas for crevicing and if it rains. Some good spots for dredging. If you can pack it in through cat claws and boulders. I know I'm going back. Next time I'll take a drywasher with my stuff. Found some cool crystalline quartz to. Though small it was nice to look at. Hell if we had pack goats to take up that would've helped. It was slippery in a couple areas. Plus I did find a cave or possibly adit behind some bushes. Didn't go down to check it out because that was really loose gravel and according to my GPS, I wasn't on the corner yet.
Funny story.
I was trying to find the NW marker by following the unit. Kept following and following where it said to go. Then, I finally got to the spot where it said the spot was. No marker. I frustrated at this point, because I wanted to definitely know my boundaries. So I start back down the hill going north towards a gully. I decided to take another look at the unit after only 10 or so feet. The unit says I was right by the SW corner. How the hell did this happen? Could it be possible it was due to satellite signal and the map didn't shift. I was wondering why the point was so far south. Because, where we came in at, the NW marker should have been straight east.
Has anybody have this happen to them?

Next trip Yarnell and Prescott. Was going Thursday through Saturday. Now it's going to be Friday and Saturday. Have to meet my CPA Thursday. Ughhh.
Then the week after that. I'm thinking about heading back up that hill to detect that nugget. Maybe even try drywashing if I can get my uncles blower and if elgato's drywasher is willing to go for the ride. Or if others want to rough it up there as well. You're more than welcome.

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Friday and Saturday sounds like a plan. My drywasher is itching to go. I have been sick since we got back, but I will be 100 percent by Friday for sure.

Tophunt

Greenie
Dec 4, 2013
Mesa,AZ
Detector(s) used
Old beat up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I'd say Hello, My name is Terry, like pretty much all forms of looking for gold. I live in North Mesa.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How ya doing Terry and welcome to the forum.
Great you went out with Kaz, a great person to be out with.
As soon as I get my truck fixed me, Kaz and you can go out by morristown or some where.
I live over here by Queen Valley, Superior.

Is the outback claim the one out here on Hewitt Canyon Road, off of Queen Creek.

Au & Trails

Tenderfoot
Dec 31, 2013
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roadrunner- yes it is.

Rough trip in. If its raining or wet I'd say 4WD highly recommended and only with someone else and take recovery gear. When its dry like now 2wd can do it but high clearance recommended. I think it was Garret that said its no place for a Mini Cooper.

It was good getting out with Garret and ElGato. Like stated no luck but a good trip and nice views.

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It was great getting out with both of you. I really needed to get out like that. The recirculating sluice was awesome! I can't wait to do that again.

Attachments

• Garrett detecting1.jpg
    Garrett detecting1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Au & Trails at gold claim.jpg
    Au & Trails at gold claim.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 104

Tophunt

Greenie
Dec 4, 2013
Mesa,AZ
Detector(s) used
Old beat up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somebody snapped it up real quick! The post was deleted in less than hour after you posted.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am not surprised. That was a really good deal. I would have bought it, but I have a similiar set up already. That is why I posted it here for you guys to see.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
sgtfda who is an officer for the phoenix gpaa chapter, and a member here, was out at that claim with his md, a minelab, and found some relics.
Don't know where he was at though. He said the same thing, pretty rough going in some places. No gold though.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll say this. I hiked up the hill. Found some good spots to detect or drywash. Hard climb for me but still did it. Now I want to go back and dig and swing. It took three hours for me to get up and back. Back was quicker. That was only to get towards west side of the claim. Just wanted to get back to wash and see how the guys were doing. I think the claim goes to the cliffs or beyond. Definitely want to explore more. Just didn't want to keep hobbling around by myself.

I was wanting to do Yarnell Friday, but I've got a repair to do. I might be able to head up later and play there Saturday and then head towards Prescott for Sunday hunt at lynx. Unless I'm getting into too good a dirt to give up

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Top hunt/Terry
I'm in north Mesa as well. Message me if you'd like. I'm out almost weekly somewhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread