boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're really interested in looking for old / abandoned mines, grab a copy of Hystwares mines & minerals. Load it into your laptop grab the GPS & head out. They have about every abandoned mine in the database. Some are only coyote hole mines, but they're there. Lists what was mined & other info. Great research tool! Looks like you're in Mesa so probably closest store to you would be A & B Prospecting. If you're interested in it & have problems finding it, PM me. I'll give you a hand.

OP
OP
Skywola

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Thanks, I have been out to A & B Prospecting, got some of my equipment there. As for Hystwares, that runs about $100 doesn't it? I have a way of finding a lot of old mines, it is just not as streamlined. While I do a lot of research on the internet, I'm not die-hard find the gold or bust, I am a hobbiest and I enjoy getting out in the boonies, seeing the sites, etc. I'm also rockhounding and keeping my eyes peeled for any meteorites . . . As for checking the upper part of the sidestream, I have done that, that was actually where I found the little flake of gold. What I have been doing so far is work on a strategy that uses the information given, but aims at searching in places people are less likely to have searched. Once it cools down I want to go down near Nogales and look around, there has got to be a lot of good places down there, not so great a population in that area. . .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread