Maybe you have seen this . . .

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
These two pieces were found in seperate locations Sycamore Creek, Arizona. I am sure they are some type of metal, but not lead, they are to light to be lead. It is metal, because it sets my metal detector off. My Ace 250 says it's a dime though! The dime in the photo is for size comparison.

Attachments

• Whatsit01.jpg
    Whatsit01.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 400
  • Whatsit02.jpg
    Whatsit02.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 396
  • Whatsit01.jpg
    Whatsit01.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 397
  • Whatsit02.jpg
    Whatsit02.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 387
OP
OP
Skywola

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
That's probably it . . I tried using the metal detector on the small piece and it said aluminum tab, but the big piece said dime . . . I guess that may be just because there is so much more metal in the big piece.

Aluminum:
Melting Point: 1220.6 °F
Boiling Point: 4472.6 °F

That was a quick solution, thanks . . .

OP
OP
Skywola

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Strange as it may seem, it was actually under the overhang of a huge boulder, and I was holding my detector under the overhang, the top of the forementioned space was about hip height, on the downstream side. All I can figure is that last time it flash-flooded, it picked up the aluminum and moved it, and it settled under the boulder . . . . right place, wrong metal! :P

Zectron2348

Aug 8, 2009
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT DFX MXT, many Minelabs, many Fishers, Tesoro Bandido, Lobo, Cortez, efx ground MX400, Treasure Commander TC2X, original Bounty Hunter Red Baron, and many more!
Was in the Aluminum industry for 27 years, ... it does resemble melted aluminum.

No attraction to a magnet?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread