Aztec battery door

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
.....the Aztec is an older detector so finding a battery door may be hard to do.......you could search ebay for a parts detector .....or just make one.......just cut a piece of plastic and attach it with some black electrical tape................I also have an older Compass where a previous owner made a battery door by cutting a flat piece of aluminum .....cutting it to fit plus attaching it with aluminum screws...................Joe

OP
OP
just-dig

just-dig

Dec 25, 2008
North Texas
Joe(TX) said:
.....the Aztec is an older detector so finding a battery door may be hard to do.......you could search ebay for a parts detector .....or just make one.......just cut a piece of plastic and attach it with some black electrical tape................I also have an older Compass where a previous owner made a battery door by cutting a flat piece of aluminum .....cutting it to fit plus attaching it with aluminum screws...................Joe

Thanks Joe. I already have the door made, I just need to see a picture to find out if the tabs that held the door in place went through the door or if the door was just recessed for the buttons to rest in. I would have thought surely someone would have an aztec that could show me pictures of the door. I'm selling the detector but it's not leaving here without a proper door. Tape is unacceptable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread