Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
told by B of A mgr. that my next box of halfs will have a $5 order fee. I have personal account that I use to buy $1K a week in q,d,n, and p. I do not dump there. looking for help in finding another bank in lower Hudson Valley N.Y. that doesn't charge to order. $7K in halfs searched= 5- 40%'s.

Upvote 0

iontyre

Mar 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Maryland and most of the East coast at least there is something called EasyPass. Its a little device you stick on your windshield and you have an account that gets auto-supplied by your bank account. Sensors at the toll booths pick up the device as you go through and charge your account. Until 2 years ago it was $.40 each way through the local bridges and tunnels with EasyPass ($2.00 without EasyPass). They've now upped the tolls to $1.40 with EasyPass and $8.00 without!!! Yes, without EasyPass it would cost you $16 a day to do a round trip through the Fort McHenry Tunnel. How the BLEEP can they possibly think this is defensible? All this to supposedly improve our roads. Are you telling me a VERY LARGE 25% increase (to $.50 each way with EasyPass) wouldn't have supplied ample funds for road repairs? No, they needed 250%? Come on, that's NUTS!!!!

Enough rant, you all get back on topic and have a nice day! :)

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I went to one of these branches yesterday to dump 60 ikes... .

I have been selling Ikes on CL for a while now for $1.25 per coin. for the clad ones. And sold 500 to one guy for only $1.10 each, but that was still a $50 profit inone transaction. No need ot dump them.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When banks don't want to sell me coin boxes I sell them some.
They don't even realize that when they refuse you boxes or drop an F bomb (Fee) on you, they are making a choice to become a dump bank. A choice they will come to regret. Haha

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha. I love annoying people with coins. I took the chesapeake bay bridge tunnel yesterday ($14 toll) and paid with 2 susan B. Anthonys, a sacagawea, 3 Ikes, and the balance in halves. The toll taker looked like she wanted to kill me. haha.

yea I had a guy at the tollbooth on the new jersey turnpike yell "YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!" when I paid my toll with a roll of halves. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread