Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, Ive been real busy with work lately and just got a couple hours to get out yesterday.Im still clearing trash off of the site I mentioned bout a month ago. I dig catch a modern pocket spill, .74 worth. Iwas about to give it up when I dug this last signal telling me 50 or dollar piece.At 1st glance, I thought it was a chain link galvanized post cap.I went home at dark. I was inspecting my trash and found the grooves on it. Soap and toothbrush revealed the crotal bell design. The quarter is there for size.This thing is (was) bout the size of a baseball.Musta been Paul Bunyons Ox, Babe.

Thanx for lookin , jimmy

Attachments

• crot1.jpg
    crot1.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 492
  • crot2.jpg
    crot2.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 493
Upvote 0

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score Jimmy. That was one large bell!!!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just found a piece of crotal bell at of all place's Brunswick H.S.......Glad you got out man,I know how busy you are with your work and all but the clad isn't going to pay the bill's.We need to hook up on of these day's buddy,it's been a while.Congrat's!!!

OP
OP
Getty

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanx for the replies.

eathabs it was big,To the best of my research ,it was a no.14 at 3 1/2 inches round circa 1800s.Like i said bout a baseball.

Civil, youre right! I need to take off and get withh you to dig some CW lead.We will soon buddy.

Nick, what else can I say man.It seems I got bitten by the bug but this time Im going for relics.I have not yet found that GOOD piece yet but its only a matter of time.Cross the land at any old site enuff and youre gonna find sumpem good.

I will keep updated on this site as I can.Ihanx for the great replies all.

Thanx for lookin, jimmy

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax
yes sir that was a huge bell,to bad it wasnt all intact..

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Nice old crotal! Keep checking for more pieces! Here is the same bell as yours and it started out with a piece about the size of yours until two more pieces came up at different times to make it around 50% complete

Attachments

• bell.JPG
    bell.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 271
OP
OP
Getty

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohio Jerry said:
Nice old crotal! Keep checking for more pieces! Here is the same bell as yours and it started out with a piece about the size of yours until two more pieces came up at different times to make it around 50% complete

Youre right ,I did rescan the hole but not the area,DUH! It was getting dark and like I say I thought it was a fence cap.I will go back when I can and look again.Thanx for the great idea jerry.HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread