Back from our trip/ we have proof the Vikings were here before the Templars

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
It accounts to the legend of Sir Henry Sinclair's voyage to the New and the reason for doing so.

I was not aware that Sinclair had been knighted.

Does the work that you referred to go into any detail on the responsibilities of a jarl, and how Sinclair would have been able to set those aside for the length of time necessary to go to the New World? Remember, jarl was not technically an inherited position (although it often was in practice), and they served at the pleasure of the king. They could be, and were, fired for not fulfilling their obligations. That's actually how Sinclair got the job - his predecessor had been fired.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Wow. Ley lines, New Ross 'castle', and flat earth all in one post. Bravo, sir. Very impressive.

And Tesla. Don't forget that. It's never truly fringe until Tesla is invoked.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was not aware that Sinclair had been knighted.

Does the work that you referred to go into any detail on the responsibilities of a jarl, and how Sinclair would have been able to set those aside for the length of time necessary to go to the New World? Remember, jarl was not technically an inherited position (although it often was in practice), and they served at the pleasure of the king. They could be, and were, fired for not fulfilling their obligations. That's actually how Sinclair got the job - his predecessor had been fired.

At least he didn't elevate Sinclair to Prince, as so many others do.

I'll leave this here for those that are interested: Earl Henry Sinclair's fictitious trip to America, by Brian Smith

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, Henry's family consisted of many of Knights I threw the title where it didn't belong...this is for any who is interested...
The Henry Voyage: Did He or Didn't He?

From your link:

"However, despite Brian's reasoned approach, when you read his essay it is all 'knocking copy' and he does not, and furthermore cannot, produce one shred of evidence to prove Henry's whereabouts during the time of his voyages - which is rather strange when one considers Henry's importance and the fact that his movements and actions at other times are all a matter of public record in Orkney, Roslin and Norway etc. "

Brian Smith didn't have to determine where Sinclair was during the period covered by the Narrative. All he had to do was to prove where the Zeno brothers were to prove that the Narrative was a hoax.

"As to Brian's concept that the Zeno Narrative is some form of joke in conception that is easily dismissed. When he and others put this idea forward the last time I was in Orkney I responded with the question 'how could some Venetian who had never been to Nova Scotia describe the relationship between Guysborough and the smoking mountain at Stellerton in such detail without direct experience of the site?' Especially pertinent as, according to Professor Hobbes, no other sites with that precise geogrphical relationship exist in North America. Brian and his colleagues had no answer to this."

I suppose I would have responded to this question with a question of my own: "How could some Venetian who, according to his own writings never travelled beyond Greenland, describe the relationship between Guysborough and the 'smoking mountain' at Stellerton?" The Zeno Narrative takes it's characters as far as Greenland. No further.

"Yes, the identification of Zichmini with Henry is speculative, but, according to Professor Barbara Crawford, it is reasonable. Taken in context with the evidence of the Westford Knight, Jim Whitall's study of the Newport Tower, Mi'qmaq oral tradition and the carvings in Rosslyn Chapel, the evidence although circumstantial, is overwhelming."

Taken into context with the Westford Knight (glacial striations with added 19th century punch carvings), the Newport Tower (dated to the colonial period and whose extensive excavations have revealed zero pre-colonial items), Mi'kmaq oral tradition (which have no mention of any Europeans at all), and the carvings at Rosslyn Chapel (which show typical European plants and motifs), the Narrative is in good company.

Mr. Wallace-Murphy should have actually addressed the points that Smith made in his essay if he wanted to dispute it.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Look at Henry's father, Grand Father and Great Grand Father...

There's not much to see. They're somewhat poorly documented, even more so than Sinclair himself.

However, Henry was the first Sinclair to be jarl of the Orkneys. As a jarl, what were his duties and responsibilities to the King of Norway?

Bud Aurum

Jan 6, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight's episode,
The Curse of Oak Island reveals how research surfaces pointing at a “clear pathway” from the Knights Templar to Oak Island.

That being the "Ley Lines" of coarse, but watch you don't step on little greys.

Your Bud Aurum

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
There's not much to see. They're somewhat poorly documented, even more so than Sinclair himself.

However, Henry was the first Sinclair to be jarl of the Orkneys. As a jarl, what were his duties and responsibilities to the King of Norway?

[h=2]The Viking Jarls[/h]"The jarls were the upper echelon of the freeman in ancient Norse society, either noblemen or wealthy landowners, merchants or traders. Jarls would likely have many men under their employ, whether they were farm hands, craftsmen or sailors. It was up the Jarl to keep them men in their employ, and often they would reward them with food and drink.
Extremely noble or prestigious jarls would often liaise with the king, keeping him abreast of news and knowledge and of course contributing some of their earnings to the king."

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
The Viking Jarls

"The jarls were the upper echelon of the freeman in ancient Norse society, either noblemen or wealthy landowners, merchants or traders. Jarls would likely have many men under their employ, whether they were farm hands, craftsmen or sailors. It was up the Jarl to keep them men in their employ, and often they would reward them with food and drink.
Extremely noble or prestigious jarls would often liaise with the king, keeping him abreast of news and knowledge and of course contributing some of their earnings to the king."

I asked about what a jarl's duties and responsibilities to the King of Norway, not what a jarl was. You did not answer my question properly. But to be fair to you, I did not properly ask the question, so here it is: As the jarl of the Orkneys, what would Henry Sinclair's duties and responsibilities have been to King Haakon VI?

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
689E0450-C453-4846-B34B-4FBE674746D5.jpeg

Be carful...some “historians” do not like for you to rewrite “their” history.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They're not re-writing it. They're making it up as they go.

All this about Sinclair ignores the evidence or documentation, which fails to find him in North America ever at any time.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
View attachment 1533323

Be carful...some “historians” do not like for you to rewrite “their” history.

I ask questions. It seldom makes me friends, but it does further discussions.

This question in particular is not a difficult one to answer. It requires no obscure references. I've even answered it myself before, on this very forum. It's not a topic that would interest or matter to most people, but if I were attempting to prove that a poorly documented jarl did an extraordinary thing back in the 14th century or whenever, I would make sure that I knew a thing or two about jarls before firming up that theory.

I trot it out when this theory comes up. You would not believe how many people cannot answer it, even after it's already been answered here. Then again, Henry Sinclair was still a prince in these parts when I first became interested in the subject. Oak Island seems to be a magnet for confirmation bias. It is what it is.

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
They're not re-writing it. They're making it up as they go.

All this about Sinclair ignores the evidence or documentation, which fails to find him in North America ever at any time.

You know this forum is under "Legend"...
[h=2]Definition of legend[/h][FONT=&quot]1a : a story coming down from the past; especially : one popularly regarded as historical although not verifiable
  • the legend of a lost continent

• Arthurian legends

[/FONT]

What you offer as "evidence or documentation" is not validated, it is opinion...

There is not account of Henry's death...none, just speculations but you cannot explain how a person of "Blue eyes" or one of facial hair get into the MikMaq legends!

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
I asked about what a jarl's duties and responsibilities to the King of Norway, not what a jarl was. You did not answer my question properly. But to be fair to you, I did not properly ask the question, so here it is: As the jarl of the Orkneys, what would Henry Sinclair's duties and responsibilities have been to King Haakon VI?

Your question is nonsensical. To answer that one would have either been there in that time and place or seen "Ye Old Job Posting on Yon bulletin board out side of King Haakon VI Human Resources Department????WTF?????
The Jarl was to manage his lands appointed to him by the King. Overseeing the peoples welfare and supporting the King either financially or by defending his land and King.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know this forum is under "Legend"...
Definition of legend

1a : a story coming down from the past; especially : one popularly regarded as historical although not verifiable
  • the legend of a lost continent

• Arthurian legends

What you offer as "evidence or documentation" is not validated, it is opinion...

There is not account of Henry's death...none, just speculations but you cannot explain how a person of "Blue eyes" or one of facial hair get into the MikMaq legends!

What I offer as evidence? I offer the lack of any evidence as evidence. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence; but it does not justify wild speculation, either. We could say the Martians encouraged the Templars to visit Oak Island. And never show it was not so. But we also have no reason to believe it was true.

"Evidence" is, by definition, not speculative. When they pull out a bit of "treasure" that can be inked to Europe around the time of the Templars - that would be evidence.

So far we have . . . diddly-squat, nada, bumpkis.

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used

Are blue eyes and facial hair a thing in Iceland? Refresh my memory here. Or Google "iceland beard" for plenty of examples.

I don't want to harp on the Icelanders too much, but they were in the neighborhood during the time being discussed. How far south did those jokers go? As far south as Oak Island? How did butternuts get to L'anse aux Meadows?

I'm speculating here, but this sort of speculation is like predicting that it will be cold out tomorrow. It might possibly be shorts and tee shirt weather tomorrow, but the facts hint rather strongly that yes, it will be cold out tomorrow, and no leaps of logic are required for this.

Your question is nonsensical.

I don't think that it is.

To answer that one would have either been there in that time and place or seen "Ye Old Job Posting on Yon bulletin board out side of King Haakon VI Human Resources Department????WTF?????

Not necessarily. They had written languages back then. They wrote important things down.

The Jarl was to manage his lands appointed to him by the King. Overseeing the peoples welfare and supporting the King either financially or by defending his land and King.

You're on the right path, but there were some specifics that could be considered "best practices," if not industry standards.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
So far we have . . . diddly-squat, nada, bumpkis.

Wrong. The Templars were in the Middle East. The Templars were also in Scotland. There were Vikings in Scotland. The Vikings had been to Canada. Therefore, the Templars extracted a treasure from the Middle East and brought it to Canada.

See? Perfectly logical. Do try to keep up, Charlie.

:tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread