Back from our trip/ we have proof the Vikings were here before the Templars

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Per our rules and terms.

"When the purpose of the original post has been fulfilled, the thread should end. If you want to talk about something else, start a new thread in an appropriate forum."

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You might as well lock the thread until the film crew OK's them to post pictures or documentation or something relating to some of the proof claimed in the title of the thread.Because there is nothing to discus until something in the way of proof is offered.

This whole statement sounds contradictory. IMHO, if anybody should be able to say "lock the thread, we are finished discussion on the topic", I think it would be the starter of the thread, FK. Also IMHO, this subject is related to Oak Island because of the following, the story of Oak Island brought us to this point, the coconut fibres on Oak Island and their dating point to a Knights Templar connection as do the drilled stones and the stone triangle points to the trail that would have led to New Ross alongside the Gold River.
The coconut fibres have been argued to death on this forum, but the evidence is certainly with that identity and the dating has been confirmed to before the 14th century. I'm sure this last statement will draw detractors, but again, my point is, there is an Oak Island New Ross connection.
The Old Oak Island Forum went back and forth between the Island and New Ross for many years before being ended for lack of interest.
Cheers, Loki

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The problem is this thread is in the wrong forum starting with the initial post - it has nothing to do with Oak Island.

Someone might mention Forest Fenn here but that doesn't mean all future Forest Fenn discussions should be here.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This whole statement sounds contradictory. IMHO, if anybody should be able to say "lock the thread, we are finished discussion on the topic", I think it would be the starter of the thread, FK. Also IMHO, this subject is related to Oak Island because of the following, the story of Oak Island brought us to this point, the coconut fibres on Oak Island and their dating point to a Knights Templar connection as do the drilled stones and the stone triangle points to the trail that would have led to New Ross alongside the Gold River.
The coconut fibres have been argued to death on this forum, but the evidence is certainly with that identity and the dating has been confirmed to before the 14th century. I'm sure this last statement will draw detractors, but again, my point is, there is an Oak Island New Ross connection.
The Old Oak Island Forum went back and forth between the Island and New Ross for many years before being ended for lack of interest.
Cheers, Loki

thank you for the explanation of the connection :icon_thumleft:

and yes you are correct. only o.p.'s can request a thread they started be closed.
and only mods and admins can execute the closure or refuse to close the thread
on our opinions.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... but again, my point is, there is an Oak Island New Ross connection.

Argument presupposes that there is or was "something" on Oak Island that is connected with the "something" that is or was at New Ross. Nothing has been found on Oak Island, and nothing has been found at New Ross, so there is no Oak Island / New Ross connection.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Argument presupposes that there is or was "something" on Oak Island that is connected with the "something" that is or was at New Ross. Nothing has been found on Oak Island, and nothing has been found at New Ross, so there is no Oak Island / New Ross connection.

Still living in opposite land eh!

Cheers, Loki

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay look at what we found at New Ross, tell me again there is no proof of a castle at this site. This key stone weighs over 1 ton. The upper left corner has been broken off as shown in photo. We have found many key stones like this one but smaller. The stones in the background are from the castle to, the castle is gone but the stones that built it are still on site. key stone 2.jpg InkedKey Stone 3_LI.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1470400 70-a.jpg

View attachment 1470401 70b.jpg

The government will be on site in a few weeks to check this out. We have many drilled and cut stones just sitting on the ground waiting to be used. Some buried deep in the ground. Some of the tools used to shape them were found to.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
001.jpg 002.jpg

The government will be on site in a few weeks to check this out. We have many drilled and cut stones just sitting on the ground waiting to be used. Some buried deep in the ground. Some of the tools used to shape them were found to.

this shape reminds me of the side of a Bridge over a small stream.
though I suppose it could have been a decorative piece for
the top of a Wall or Building.

is that a Date on it ?

I think I see a 17

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hay look at what we found at New Ross, tell me again there is no proof of a castle at this site.

There is no proof of a castle at that site. There is a stone that may or may not have been intended to be or ever was used as a keystone. One stone does not a castle make.

New Ross is by a river, is it not? Possibly construction of a railroad or canal or bridge used some local rock. People used rock for LOTS of things besides castles.

Erie-Canal-Houseboat-Rentals-Media-1.jpg

In fact, here's a stone bridge in Nova Scotia.

stonebridge700.jpg

But the good news is that a structure which would use a keystone of that size would be huge and require massive foundations. You should easily find those . . . if they were to have ever existed.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this shape reminds me of the side of a Bridge over a small stream.
though I suppose it could have been a decorative piece for
the top of a Wall or Building.

is that a Date on it ?

I think I see a 17

It looks like any stone that has been split with wedges and feathers... tools that are still being used today.

P000115.jpg

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay look at what we found at New Ross, tell me again there is no proof of a castle at this site. This key stone weighs over 1 ton. The upper left corner has been broken off as shown in photo. We have found many key stones like this one but smaller. The stones in the background are from the castle to, the castle is gone but the stones that built it are still on site. View attachment 1470398 View attachment 1470399

... a one ton keystone on those piddly little foundations shown in Joan's photos? Right.

When you had a geologist, or even professional stone worker look at these stones, what did they tell you?

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
... a one ton keystone on those piddly little foundations shown in Joan's photos? Right.

When you had a geologist, or even professional stone worker look at these stones, what did they tell you?

Those piddly little foundations were indeed foundations, even one of the experts you detractors rally around said that, and they could have supported somewhat significant buildings. Do you know what was there? You or I have no idea of the size or area of these buildings, but there were many large fortresses throughout north America built on lesser foundations. You claim there was nothing at Oak Island or Charing Cross (New Ross) but as always you are wrong again. At Oak Island we have documented, drilled stones that nobody seems to understand, a stone triangle that pointed at the trail alongside the Gold River and coconut fibre dated to between the 12th and 14th century which among earlier identifications, I also watched being identified by an expert on tv.
Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Do you think those photos were taken at New Ross?

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those piddly little foundations were indeed foundations, even one of the experts you detractors rally around said that, and they could have supported somewhat significant buildings. Do you know what was there? You or I have no idea of the size or area of these buildings, but there were many large fortresses throughout north America built on lesser foundations. You claim there was nothing at Oak Island or Charing Cross (New Ross) but as always you are wrong again. At Oak Island we have documented, drilled stones that nobody seems to understand, a stone triangle that pointed at the trail alongside the Gold River and coconut fibre dated to between the 12th and 14th century which among earlier identifications, I also watched being identified by an expert on tv.
Cheers, Loki

So a secret settlement was made at Charing Cross and they made a marker pointing to it. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread