Back from our trip/ we have proof the Vikings were here before the Templars

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay look at what we found at New Ross, tell me again there is no proof of a castle at this site. This key stone weighs over 1 ton. The upper left corner has been broken off as shown in photo. We have found many key stones like this one but smaller. The stones in the background are from the castle to, the castle is gone but the stones that built it are still on site. View attachment 1470398 View attachment 1470399

The stone with the soda bottle on it weighs no where near one ton.
I'd guess it weighs around 400 lbs.

Here is a picture of what a 1 ton rock looks like sitting in front of a rock quarry
One-Ton-Boulder-320x240.jpg

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 1470400 View attachment 1470401 The government will be on site in a few weeks to check this out. We have many drilled and cut stones just sitting on the ground waiting to be used. Some buried deep in the ground. Some of the tools used to shape them were found to.

I think you said that they coming in a few weeks a month ago. So in another month you will say a few weeks and so on and so on. Just who is coming. I know some folks there. Should I contact them and ask?

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
concrete slab.jpg

This is a photo of people trying to drag a 1 ton slab of concrete to reenact how they built Stonehenge.....your rock is no where near this size.

It doesn't look like your rock was even cut....the other day while on a job site I found an almost perfectly rectangular cylinder piece of soap stone that was broken out of the ground by a D8 dozer ripper.I should have taken a picture next time I will.

I will say the stone arch is interesting,any chance the film crew who is apparently now letting you post info when before they were not will let you post more photos of that arch looking stone?

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One cubic foot of granite varies from 160 to 180 lbs. One ton would be 11 cubic feet ( about two feet x two feet x three feet with a keystone type taper in the edges).

The "keystone" looks to be 1 ft deep, two feet wide and 2-1/2 ft tall (assuming it is symmetrical to the face on the parts that don't show). 900 pounds . . . ish.

More than I can lift!

An interesting thing, however, is the keystone depth determines your "castle" wall thickness. From what I can find European castle walls ranged for 7 ft (Conisbrough Castle) to 20 ft thick (Chepstow & Dover Castles). A 1 ft deep wall will only support a one story castle. Or maybe Joan's leprechauns had a shorter castle? Or it was a multi-part arch. In which case there would be seven to 20 keystones in that same spot. Keep looking!

parts-of-an-arch-2-148C1A364EC79DEF138.jpg

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could you fix the links on posts # 70-71-72 ?
Just curious to see the pictures.

the Duplicate (Renamed)Pictures on those posts should open automatically.

The ones that Don't are just the Originals,.
but can be opened by clicking them.

Last edited:

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...but there were many large fortresses throughout north America built on lesser foundations.

Such as?

You claim there was nothing at Oak Island or Charing Cross[sic] (New Ross) but as always you are wrong again.

If anything ever gets found at New Ross or Oak Island, I will gladly eat my words. Seeing that it's been more than 200 years (and counting), I think I'm safe. The only thing that has been found at either locations is speculation, fantasy, and poorly thought out Templar fan fiction.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So a secret settlement was made at Charing Cross and they made a marker pointing to it. Doesn't make much sense to me.

So sorry that it doesn't make much sense to you! Btw, where did I write that it was pointed at Charing Cross?
Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those piddly little foundations were indeed foundations, even one of the experts you detractors rally around said that, and they could have supported somewhat significant buildings. Do you know what was there? You or I have no idea of the size or area of these buildings, but there were many large fortresses throughout north America built on lesser foundations. You claim there was nothing at Oak Island or Charing Cross (New Ross) but as always you are wrong again. At Oak Island we have documented, drilled stones that nobody seems to understand, a stone triangle that pointed at the trail alongside the Gold River and coconut fibre dated to between the 12th and 14th century which among earlier identifications, I also watched being identified by an expert on tv.
Cheers, Loki

So eat your words Raparee.

Cheers, Loki

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
The "keystone" looks to be 1 ft deep, two feet wide and 2-1/2 ft tall (assuming it is symmetrical to the face on the parts that don't show). 900 pounds . . . ish.

More than I can lift!

An interesting thing, however, is the keystone depth determines your "castle" wall thickness. From what I can find European castle walls ranged for 7 ft (Conisbrough Castle) to 20 ft thick (Chepstow & Dover Castles). A 1 ft deep wall will only support a one story castle.
View attachment 1470826

If this is an arch it's 10 feet wide springing line (multiple copies of the key stone).

arch.jpg

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It looks like any stone that has been split with wedges and feathers... tools that are still being used today.

And also were used 1000's of years ago! Although in recent memory, having been an Operative Mason, I don't recall splitting anything that looked like the one posted by FK.

Cheers, Loki

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So sorry that it doesn't make much sense to you! Btw, where did I write that it was pointed at Charing Cross?
Cheers, Loki

Pointed at the trail leading to Charing Cross then. If your hiding something why would you lay out a directional sign to it.

A few months ago I read book by Gavin Menzies "1421: The Year China Discovered The World". He writes that he believes that the Chinese visited eastern North America. Could this be another source for your coconut fibre.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pointed at the trail leading to Charing Cross then. If your hiding something why would you lay out a directional sign to it.

A few months ago I read book by Gavin Menzies "1421: The Year China Discovered The World". He writes that he believes that the Chinese visited eastern North America. Could this be another source for your coconut fibre.

Yeah, far more likely than my premise!
Cheers, Loki

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah, far more likely than my premise!
Cheers, Loki

I note your sarcasm but is it any less reasonable than your premise. Wouldn't the Chinese have access to coconut fibre?

There's also another book out by a Bill Mann where he writes that the Templars had their settlement at Green Oaks NS. I don't know what to think of it but I did find it an interesting book. The 1421 one not so much. The point is lots of people have written books or papers about early contact with eastern North America, many of them are very compelling including the ones on the Knights Templar.

Templar Gold: The Templar Meridians

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I note your sarcasm but is it any less reasonable than your premise. Wouldn't the Chinese have access to coconut fibre?

There's also another book out by a Bill Mann where he writes that the Templars had their settlement at Green Oaks NS. I don't know what to think of it but I did find it an interesting book. The 1421 one not so much. The point is lots of people have written books or papers about early contact with eastern North America, many of them are very compelling including the ones on the Knights Templar.

Templar Gold: The Templar Meridians

The Templars operated and headquartered in the Eastern Mediterranean for 200 years where coconut fibre was known to be widely traded. They sailed for France with a large number of ships and a large amount of treasure in early 1307, those same ships disappeared later that same year from the Atlantic Port of La Rochelle as did the Templars who sailed them, presumably with that same large amount of treasure. They also operated houses in Scotland where they would have had contact with Norse Sailors. In 1307 Norse Sailors were still sailing to Greenland and possibly North America. Coconut fibre, which did not exist any where else in the whole Atlantic Basin was found on Oak Island and dated to sometime in the 12th to 14th Century. Its therefore not a great reach to put Templar Sailors in North America.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread