Back from road trip - best roll ever! **Updated with totals**

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got back from a mini road trip dumping yesterdays halves and stopping at every bank I could find in an area I haven't been to before. Most banks didn't have anything or they only had a couple (all clad), but I did find $130 in cwr's and this one roll in particular caught my eye. I opened each end and could see the reverse end of silver on each side, so I was hoping for my first solid roll. Didn't happen, but still my best single roll to date. It contained (1) 90% (Ken) and (10) 40%. Haven't gone through the other rolls yet, but they are newer wrappings.

I was also able to get $80 off a coin machine and $700 loose in a coin-lok bag. I already see a few 40%'s in the bag, so hopefully it will be a decent score.

Will post totals after searching.

Update
I am very happy with what I've found, best I've done in a long time. Definitely worth the $15 in gas money to get it.
Other than the single roll posted above, the rest of the $130 in cwr's produced (1) 1964.
The $80 produced (1) 1964 and (2) 40%'s.
The $700 bag produced (1) 1952, (1) 1958, (1) 1964, and (14) 40%'s. My first Ben's for the year :headbang:.

Total from this trip: (6) 90%'s and (26) 40%'s.

I believe the town I got this in is virgin crh territory. It's a pretty small town and about an hour away, but I plan to go back in few weeks. One of the banks I stopped in had one of those really fast coin machines in the lobby, and like an idiot I forgot to ask if I could buy the bags off it, so I will need to go back and find that one again.

That's it for this week. Good luck to everybody.

Attachments

• DSCN1625.jpg
    DSCN1625.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 682
  • DSCN1626.jpg
    DSCN1626.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 691
  • DSCN1627.jpg
    DSCN1627.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 634
Upvote 0

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Back from road trip - best roll ever!

that solid roll is out there waiting.......and you'll never forget your first !!!!!!

OP
OP
coincrawlin

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Updated with totals above.

Top Member Reactions